“Easily Among The Best Places To Stay In The Phila. Area”

Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem
Cape May, New Jersey
“Easily Among The Best Places To Stay In The Phila. Area”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

During the past year I have spent about 7 months in total traveling for healthcare. About four of those months have been at the Extended Stay America Philadelphia/Bensalem. I have spent many nights in a lot of hotels. ESA Phila/Benesalem is among the best in the Philadelphia area. While there are plenty of fancy and expensive hotels in Philadelphia this is simply a very pleasant, reliable clean, economical and comfortable hotel. It's secret may be the Excellent Management. The staff is always very Professional, in every way a hotel staff should be. But besides always being courteous, helpful , friendly and solicitous of guest needs , this staff makes you feel comfortable and welcome and to the person will go out of their way to help in any way they can, often without even being asked. This staff wants to do a excellent job and it shows .
The hotels itself has a great location no more then a mile or two from three of the areas largest roadways including the Pa. turnpike and US Route 1. It is clean and very well maintained by a very responsive maintenance and house keeping staff. It has plenty of free parking and lots of well landscaped land making it very pleasant. There are Restaurants and even a Casino within walking distance.Drive a few minutes and you have fast food, fine dining, supermarkets, speciality shops , auto repair, pharmacies and several large shopping areas including the Neshaminy Mall. The rooms are well maintained, always comfortable and clean with a nice kitchen with a full size fridge and freezer. A stovetop, Microwave, toaster, coffee maker and kitchen sink. They have new beds and Flat Screen Televisions . If you want a nice, reliable , safe, comfortable and clean hotel with an excellent staff the Extended Stay America Philadelphia/Bensalem is a very good choice.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice because of the location of the hotel. Cars do park out side first floor rooms...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel and for recognizing the efforts of our staff. We are so happy to hear that you think we are the best option to stay at when in the area! We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I work out of town about 10 months a year, So I stay in allot of hotels, and this place is the number 1 nastiest place I have ever staid in. The put me in a smoking room. The room ranked with smell, there were stains all over the carpet, There was BLOOD on the toilet seat. I went down to the desk; They said well there is nothing they could do about it! WHAT. I went out side, when I came back in they told me, We can send someone up tomorrow to ckean the toilet even that its not your scheduled cleaning day. I said don’t worry about it since I will be out tomorrow, if I would not just drove 16 hrs to a dump and 10”30pm I would have left that night.

Room Tip: If you want a clean hotel, This is not the place
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem, responded to this review, September 11, 2012

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the cleanliness of your accommodation. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Standard cleaning procedures include a thorough cleaning and disinfecting of kitchens and bathrooms. Additionally, prior to making any room available, we inspect it to ensure that our normal procedures have been followed. Given the account you described, there was clearly an unacceptable break down in our regular operations, so I have met with my staff to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Travelers are raving about these Bensalem hotels

Belle River, Canada
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I knew I would be in Bensalem, PA and I wanted to stay in hotel that was convenient to I-95, U.S. 1 and the Pennsylvania Turnpike and Extended Stay filled that requirement and more. It is surrounded by not only those highways but also convenient for shopping. There is a grocery store less than a mile from the hotel, which is helpful as Extended Stay has a kitchen with a full size fridge with a freezer and a stove top with two burners. Wal-Mart and Target are within a few miles and Parx Casino is just across the street. The staff was friendly, courteous, professional and helpful. The room was very clean and has a desk for your laptop, a 32" flat screen t.v. with jacks for your DVD player/Computer/Game Box, a comfortable chair with an ottoman to relax in and a small dining room table. On the first floor you will find coin-operated laundry facilities, vending machines and a fitness room with an Elliptical Machine and a Stationary Bike. There are a good deal of restaurants nearby and plenty of place that deliver directly to your room. Carrabas Restaurant is within walking distance as the hotel is directly behind it. For those who have children, Sesame Place is only approximately 20 minutes away and if you want to take a trip to beach, there is one only about 1-1/2 hours away. Center City Philadelphia is approximately 1/2 hour away for those who would like to visit Historic Philadelphia. For those who want to go dancing, Michael's Cafe & Restaurant is the place to go on weekends. I was extremely pleased with my stay at Extended Stay America Philadelphia/Bensalem and would highly recommend it to anyone who will be in the area.

Room Tip: The first floor is convenient for those who do not wish to use the elevator or steps, as well as tho...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Harold D
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel and for recognizing the efforts of our staff. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Belle River, Canada
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I cannot say enough about Extended Stay America Philadelphia/Bensalem. The staff is very courteous, helpful, friendly, considerate and always responsive to your needs and/or questions. The entire staff, including maintenance and housekeeping will go out of their way to make your stay a pleasant one.The rooms are very comfortable with a nice little kitchen with a full size fridge and more than adequate freezer (including ice trays), a stovetop and sink; the shower head is fantastic and the hair dryer is excellent. The queen size bed is comfy, there is a desk top, dining table, comfy chair and free WIFI. The phone has the option of recording your own message for when you are unavailable. The fitness room is clean and has a Stationary Bike and an Elliptical machine and is quite a nice size. There are plenty of places to eat very close by, either for fine dining or quick take-out; there is also plenty of gas stations, places to shop, a drug store and grocery store ~ all very close by. The grounds are well kept and the parking lot is also well taken cared of. I find the entire hotel to be quiet and very clean. I love staying at Extended Stay America Philadelphia/Bensalem and always look forward to returning.

Room Tip: I always stay on the 3rd floor but I believe that no matter what room you choose you will find it a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Sassy0523
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Philadelphia - Bensalem. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

We had a reservation at the NE Philly Ramada Inn, but canceled it (see my review on how horrible that experience was) so were without a room after driving in from Lehigh Valley. We got on the Internet (I'm sure no one misses the bad old days before smart phones) and found this fine hotel in Bensalem a very short drive away. There is a casino and racetrack across the street, and numerous restaurants close. Both Brandon and Jay at the front desk were very helpful, and tho we did have to change rooms once (b/c of a booking by a frequent guest who always stays in the room we first had), that was no issue at all, and Jay even remembered us and the old room # to make sure we were taken care of for the new room. There is a SEPTA regional rail station within easy driving distance (see my SEPTA review) where you can park and ride the rail into Philly for tourist activities. After driving briefly in Philly, it is not a pleasant way to travel, so staying in Bensalem is a great base from which to do everything you want.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank TulsaGal2011
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Philadelphia - Bensalem. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Bid on Priceline and got a hit with Extended Stay in Bensalem and I was pleasantly surprised to find out the 3 year old Parx casino was just across the street...almost within walking distance! We were checked in fast and our room was just down the hall. Saw a fitness room but didn't get to try it out. The person at the front desk pulled out a huge file of available delivery for dinner and there was an Ilalian place across the parking lot, but for a Friday night, the wait for a table was too long for us. The hotel is centrally located so if you wanted McDonalds or other fast food it's just up the road...including shopping, gas, etc.

As for the room, we were very happy to have kitchen facilites in the room...stovetop, refrigerator (complete with ice cube trays - well utilized by us...the freezer froze quickly!), small sink and work area. Bed was a queen and quite comfortable. Free Showtime. Nice cushioned chair with ottoman. 2 tables....one for our laptop. Free WIFI!! Unfortunately, we were unable to use it due to not figuring out until we got home that when the light is turned off, so it the electrical outlet! We thought there was something wrong with our laptop...should of tried another outlet, but didn't...figured no big deal. Checkout was simple and easy!

A definite plus was the shower! The shower head was adjustable and I experienced the most refreshing and powerful stream of water on my achey shoulders and back! It was super strength and I could only take it for so long, but boy did it feel good. I turned it back down to pulse strength!

Only downs I saw were the sink had permenant stains in it, tile was not pristine, but it was clean.

Would love to stay again if we are ever back in the area!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Philadelphia - Bensalem. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed May 24, 2012

the hotel was great and Silas and his staff were wonderful. i encourage anyone who visits or has work in this area to stay there..

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Philadelphia - Bensalem. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.