“Nice atmosphere”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Hershey, Pennsylvania, United States
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This restaurant is in an old mill and has lots of ambiance. Lots of exposed stone and beams. They produce their own beer--the IPA I had was really good. Nice service, good american food! Would definitely go back again!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Not Not NOT Up To Par on Busy Penn State Graduation Weekend.”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I have eaten at Gamble Mill on several previous occasions. Always excellent. Great atmosphere and most of the reviews are spot on. Graduation weekend is a different story though. I had a large group and the service was very slow and it was obvious our server did not enjoy working that day. It's difficult to be forced to tip over $100 for below average service but because it was a special graduation meal I didn't want to make matters worse and address my concerns with a manager. I would certainly return if I was in a smaller party and not on such a busy weekend.

Visited May 2013
Nuangola, Pennsylvania
“I'm in love”
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I came here for drinks and appetizers. We ordered the chips, lamb sliders, crab cake and crawfish mac and cheese. Every dish was simply amazing. I especially loved the mac and cheese! It was so good we came back the next day for lunch, you must try the seafood strudel and Hungarian mushroom soup. The only thing that we were not crazy about was the pulled chicken sandwich, it needed more flavor. We also had the beer sampler and enjoyed that as well.

Our server was Laura and she was a delight. Very knowledgable with the menu and very sweet. We simply love this resturant and if we lived closer we would be there all the time. The atmosphere and food can't be beat!

• Visited May 2013
Paris, France
“More meat and Raspberry Wheat but great atmosphere.”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I went here with family on a Sunday. A few of us love beer (two of which make beer) so it was disappointing when at the start of business on Sunday they were out of their Raspberry Wheat. I ordered their Doppel Bock and it was tasty enough but I had my heart set on the RW since my wife and I live abroad and miss American brews. We arrived before opening hours and then when they opened and sat us they told us they had live music that was starting in an hour and that we'd have to pay 2 bucks each if we stayed beyond an hour. So we did feel a little rushed with 8 people. The servers were nice and the girl server was very sweet with the 3 yr old we had with us. I had the pastrami sandwich which was pretty decent but not as much meat as you would expect from a deli pastrami or other restaurant pastramis I've had before. Great atmosphere and cool neighborhood. If we hadn't felt rushed, weren't out of Raspberry Wheat, and had the pastrami had more meat I'd be giving this place a Very Good rating. I'll try the place again though. I would still try it if I were you.

Pleasant Lake, Indiana
“A wonderful surprise”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Having been a business traveler for most of my career I seldom get too enthusiastic about yet another great place to eat. I ended up having a true experience here. The place was not crowded but we ended up eating at the bar because it was the most lively place. We ended up having a great chat with some local professors from Penn State. I had a Blue Crab plate that was excellent and my fellow travel mate I forgot what he had but the price for both of us was $50 with tip. Atmosphere was good and so was the staff service and there were lots of smiles and niceties. I would return here again with the better half in a heartbeat and probably will on