“Nothing Special”

Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We visited this restaurant three times hoping something would improve. If a place is bad or good the first time we always try at least two more times allowing that the first may have been a fluke. :-)
This place was the same every time. Service was lousy, food marginal. I can't even remember what we ordered but I do remember remarking..'Remind me to not go there again.'

Reviewed January 26, 2013

The food was good. The drinks were good. Service was good. For some reason based on the signage and name I expected more of this place. I think they could do more with the decor & atmosphere & food than what they have now. I think this place has great potential.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

This restaurant is about 15 to 20 minutes driving time away from State College in downtown Bellefonte, and provides a nice option if you want to have a quieter casual dining experience. We were there on a non-football-weekend Saturday night, no wait. I'm sure it is busier on a football weekend, but they take reservations. Food is good, pub style. The specialty Reuben is satisfying, generous portion. The chicken pot pie is excellent. The shepherd's pie a little spicy. Broad selection of appetizers. Good selection of beers, as a pub should. We'll be back.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stopped in to the Gov. Pub to hear a local trio that I book on occasion, and to drop off a check for them. Wife and Daughter came along and we all decided to have dinner. Great Service, and plentiful and tastey food. The place looks nice, but my only wish, is that the vibe were better in the restaurant. It has no heart, no personality, The hospitality factor is missing.
This place has potential, but they just don't draw that many people. Perhaps some real effort in the advertising world would help as well. If your going to be open, you have to invite the folks to come. I think this place has made improvements since it first opened.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Absolutely the best ever chicken pot pie - just like my mother used to make. Great views of Bellefonte architecture from window or outdoor seating.