“Nice change from our usual breakfast spots”
Review of Cafe on the Park - CLOSED

Cafe on the Park
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in historic builidng that stradles a mill race in downtown Victorian Bellefonte PA. Breakfast, Lunch and now Specail dinners every friday and saturday evenings. Outdoor and indoor dining. Very nice atmosphere, and excellent food. Count me as you first review....
Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
“Nice change from our usual breakfast spots”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We go here once a month or so for breakfast. The Bullseye and the Scramble are two of our favorites. I would like to see homemade sausage patties and bacon cooked on the flat top rather than the pre-packaged varieties. The bread they use for their toast and sandwiches is fantastic. Service can be a little slow at times. The owner is extremely nice!

• Visited April 2013

State College, Pennsylvania
“A great spot for lunch”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Great deli sandwiches and salads at Cafe on the Park. The proprietors are always friendly. They also have great homemade cakes and pies!

Visited February 2013
Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
“Always excellent!”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I have been to this little cafe many, many times and always have excellent service and food. The owners are on site with warm, friendly service. They are coffee experts and will serve you the perfect cup. Especially if they have the Guatemalan in house. It's the best!!! They also offer gluten free fare which is sometimes difficult to find in other restaurants.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Loved it!”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I am a pretty regular visitor to Bellefonte, but just tried this local gem for the first time at the beginning of August. The service is super friendly, the menu is a great price and absolutely delicious and even though it seems to be typical cafe fare (sandwiches, some platters, soups, salads) there is something about the preparation that makes it several steps above the run-of-the-mill deli taste. I would recommend as a place to come any time of year, but if visiting on a warm day enjoy the deck with views of the park on one side and water on the other. Come alone and enjoy the paper and the atmosphere. Loved this place and will make it a stop every time I visit!

Indianapolis, IN
“Celiac friendly, charming breakfast place”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Met up with some frineds for breakfast, none of us live in Bellefonte. The town itself is charming and this littel place is a gem! My daughter has celiab and has not had french toast since being diagnosed. They delivered a gluten free french tasot that even those of us NOT gluten free enjoyed! It absolutely made our daughter's day! The staff was friendly and helpful and all the food was VERY good! The toast that came with the breakfast was FABULOUS. The scrambled eggs and bacon were very good and the hash browns defintely deserve a mention -yummy! One of the people at our table had the scrapple and was quite pleased with it (not my thing). They also had PSU crreamery ice cream for shakes or a snakc later in teh day and I woudl definitely go back to try their lunch menu. All in all, a very pleasant surprise! If you are in the area, I would say it is definitely worth a visit, ESPECIALLY if you are a celiac in search of some fantastic french toast!