“Home away from home” 5 of 5 bubbles

Riffles & Runs Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 5 Bellefonte B&B and Inns
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Owners treated us like family.We had the utmost privacy.Well appointed rooms.Close to EVERYTHING in Happy Valley.Great place to stay if you are visiting State College. Close to terrific trout and bass fishing. Would definitely use this on our next visit.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank dmmichalak

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

We've been staying with Connie and Steve for the past four years as we get away to one Penn State game every fall. We've always had a wonderful stay at Riffles and Runs. Their B&B is conveniently located near the center of beautiful Bellefonte. The accommodations have always been extremely clean and comfortable. The breakfasts are delicious! Connie and Steve are very accommodating, friendly, and welcoming to their guests. Looking forward to our next stay!

Room Tip: (No swimming pool or room service, but couldn't undo rating)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank psul8d
Reading, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

We have stayed here several times. It is clean, the food is great, the owners wonderful. You cannot go wrong here! Beaver Stadium is an easy drive. Restaurants are closeby. Overall, a great experience.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank fivekinz
West Hartford, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

This was our first stay at a B&B, & I will definitely be checking to see if Liza's room is available when I return to Happy Valley. First, it is conveniently located - minutes from State College & walking distance to the beautiful park! Connie even gave us bread to feed the fish and ducks in the park! We loved the cookies that Connie left out for our arrival. Also, fresh linens and a variety of bath products were put out for our use. The breakfast was to die for. Also, not only is this a great place for anyone visiting happy valley for Penn State events, it's also a great place for fisherman. Steve is very knowledgeable about fishing locations and conditions. Every room, the dining room, bedroom, bathroom, living room and reading room were spotless. Connie and Steve were also very accommodating in that we had to arrive very late in the night. Finally, the price was very affordable, and totally worth the money. This place was cleaner than any hotel I’ve stayed in in SC and cheaper than any hotel that was still available for homecoming weekend! I recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cindy M
Delran, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Although we were originally uncertain about staying at a Bed and Breakfast, we are now sold on the idea! We just returned from a weekend stay at Riffles and Runs and can't say enough about our stay. This Bed and Breakfast was beautiful, quaint, cozy and spotless. The hosts, Connie and Steve, were friendly, kind and extremely accommodating. We had use of the entire house and the surrounding grounds. Each morning breakfast was deliciously prepared and served in their lovely dining room. We especially enjoyed the Creme Brûlée French Toast and the quiche. It was a wonderful place to stay and this will now be our first choice whenever we return to the State College area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Palm Coast, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stayed at this beautiful, cozy, convenient home for one month and I felt safe and cared for. First thing I encountered when I entered my very wonderful room was a plate of cookies baked by Connie. Now that's my idea of warmth. Connie and Steve always respected my privacy while making sure I had everything I needed. They are interesting and knowledgeable and very willing to share that with their guests. Everything is sparkly clean and it's obvious how important this is to the owners. I've been in many B&B's in many countries and this is the best! I will be back! Kathy W

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Riffles & Runs this past Friday night for the first time. We moved our son into Penn State and did not make reservations on time to say in our usual place. Boy am I glad! We searched the area and came across Riffles & Runs. We have never stayed at a bed and breakfast before and I have to be honest I was a little worried. My worrys were put to rest the moment I met Connie & Steve. We felt as if we had known them forever. They were so inviting, at no time did I feel uncomfortable. We were given a key to their home and told to come and go as we pleased. The room was so pretty and the bathroom was to die for. SPOTLESS. I will always make Riffles & Runs our first choice when going to visit our son. THANK YOU Connie & Steve!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellefonte
BEST WESTERN PLUS University Park Inn & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, State College (Penn State Area)
Quality Inn
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#18 of 26 in State College
Hampton Inn & Suites Lamar

Been to Riffles & Runs Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!