Riffles & Runs Bed & Breakfast
Quality Inn(Milesburg)
$104
$100
QualityInn
Best Western Plus University Park Inn & Suites(State College)(Great Value!)
$102
$92
$119
$105
Hilton Garden Inn State College(State College)(Great Value!)
$152
$139
Hampton Inn State College(State College)(Great Value!)
$107
Carnegie Inn & Spa(State College)(Great Value!)
$157
$135
AscendHotels
Toftrees Golf Resort(State College)(Great Value!)
$84
$82
$116
All reviewsfelt safebeaver stadiumcoffee and teagracious hostsmy husband and istate collegeconniebedroomaccommodationsgueststowelshomehouse
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Although we were originally uncertain about staying at a Bed and Breakfast, we are now sold on the idea! We just returned from a weekend stay at Riffles and Runs and can't say enough about our stay. This Bed and Breakfast was beautiful, quaint, cozy and spotless. The hosts, Connie and Steve, were friendly, kind and extremely accommodating. We had use of the entire house and the surrounding grounds. Each morning breakfast was deliciously prepared and served in their lovely dining room. We especially enjoyed the Creme Brûlée French Toast and the quiche. It was a wonderful place to stay and this will now be our first choice whenever we return to the State College area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Beth C
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stayed at this beautiful, cozy, convenient home for one month and I felt safe and cared for. First thing I encountered when I entered my very wonderful room was a plate of cookies baked by Connie. Now that's my idea of warmth. Connie and Steve always respected my privacy while making sure I had everything I needed. They are interesting and knowledgeable and very willing to share that with their guests. Everything is sparkly clean and it's obvious how important this is to the owners. I've been in many B&B's in many countries and this is the best! I will be back! Kathy W

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Riffles & Runs this past Friday night for the first time. We moved our son into Penn State and did not make reservations on time to say in our usual place. Boy am I glad! We searched the area and came across Riffles & Runs. We have never stayed at a bed and breakfast before and I have to be honest I was a little worried. My worrys were put to rest the moment I met Connie & Steve. We felt as if we had known them forever. They were so inviting, at no time did I feel uncomfortable. We were given a key to their home and told to come and go as we pleased. The room was so pretty and the bathroom was to die for. SPOTLESS. I will always make Riffles & Runs our first choice when going to visit our son. THANK YOU Connie & Steve!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I went to Bellefonte PA for the Arts festival at State Collage. Steve and Connie were excellent hosts. The breakfasts were amazing. Connie cooked a full and delicious meal both mornings of eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, etc. No continental breakfast at this B&B! Additionally, I have a gluten allergy and they provided me with plenty of gluten free options during my stay. I found this to be above and beyond. The house is very cozy and welcoming and the location was perfect. There are restaurant options within a short walk from the B&B along with a full service wine store to get that perfect bottle of wine to enjoy in a rocking chair on the front porch.

Room Tip: The rooms are quaintly named after their daughters and are equally spacious, clean and comfortable. There is no bad choice.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Steve and Connie have to be the most hospitable people I have ever met. Their home is beautiful, bright, cheery and impeccably clean. We went to Bellefonte to fly fish Spring Creek, but the B&B was absolutely the highlight of the trip. Connie's breakfast was so delicious we are still talking about it and trying to figure out how she made the main course. On the long ride home we couldn't come up with a single negative thing to complain about. We had a perfect experience and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends