“Fantastic server horrid food”

Hoss's Steak & Sea House
Ranked #13 of 63 Restaurants in Belle Vernon
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Hoss’s Steak and Sea House is a family restaurant featuring fresh-cut steaks, seafood, and tender chicken entrees…all cooked to order!Enjoy our fresh and wholesome Soup & Salad Bar with homemade soups, just-baked breads, fresh fruits, delicious desserts, and soft-serve ice cream. We feature a fun menu for kids and offer family-style banquets in our comfortable banquet rooms
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic server horrid food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

My fiance liked his steak, however my chicken was pink, cold and tough (like it was microwaved.) Salad bar seemed old, bread was stale-ish, desserts near empty. Soup was the only saving grace of the meal (though thats some nasty french onion.) Our server was FANTASTIC. I dont think we will ever return though. $40 and I hardly ate, next time we will wait for a table at Sonnys Grille.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Kawhe
Ian C, Social Media Manager at Hoss's Steak & Sea House, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for your comments to our salad bar and meals. We're glad you liked our home-made french onion. Though we are disappointed to hear about your meal. Our cooks go through many weeks of training and understand cooking temperatures to ensure things like this don't happen. Our Salad Bar, Bread, and Desserts are made fresh daily, multiple times throughout the day. We're sorry the desserts looked empty, but our cooks were most likely in the process of preparing fresh new desserts to replenish the dessert bar.
We are also very pleased to hear you had excellent service. We strive to hire the best and friendliest staff around to make your dining experience outstanding.
Please continue to dine at Hoss's. Our staff would be happy to see you again, and we will continue to provide the freshest home-made salads, soups, breads, and desserts you can eat!

New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food Great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have eaten at several Hoss's in different locations, this one was by far the best, everything was fresh and delicious, service was excellent, what more can I say. My kind of place.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank busymomatrest
Missy H, Social Media Director at Hoss's Steak & Sea House, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our Belle Vernon location. We appreciate your positive feedback and will be sure to share it with the appropriate staff members. We hope to serve you again in the future.
New Castle, Delaware
“Real Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

My friends and I waited until our return trip to eat here. It was worth the wait. Outstanding steak, salad, sides and dessert! The waitress were superior and friendly. A great value for your money!
Good music also!

• Visited November 2012
Greenwood, Indiana, United States
“Average meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've had better, I've had worse. Nothing impressive, but nothing disgusting either. We did not visit a second time but went in search of a better choice.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Wendy S
“Love this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

I absolutely love this place. I don't usually order from the menu I find the soup and salad bar filling enough. Just enough variety dessert bar with soft serve icecream as well and very affordable. Ordered the salad bar got a burger added on for $1. Full size grilled bun very tastey. My fav is their bread pudding with camel on top and vanilla icecream on the side...YUMMY! Salad bar is great soup selection good to.

Visited July 2012