“Typical Hampton Inn”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Belle Vernon
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Typical Hampton Inn”
Reviewed August 28, 2010

No complaints. Typical Hampton Inn. Convenient location with a 24-hr Wal-Mart within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Charleroi, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 15, 2010

I am frequently in the area on business and have regularly stayed at this hotel. In the beginning it was very good. I have begun to notice with recent visits that things are changing for the worse. There seems to be alot of backstabbing going on between the employess. The last 5 stays I haven't seen the manager and when inquiring how she was I heard "she's never here" I am not sure how a manager can run a hotel from home. The excellent variety at the breakfast bar has been reduced to single selections of danish, muffins etc and the quality of the hot food doesnt seem the same. Regular item have been replaced with spicier versions that I just don't like. The employess used to take pride in their appearance. I was horrified at the sight of the breakfast bar employee who was wearing a tshirt and low cut jeans that showed way more skin of her backside than anyone needed to see. I have already booked my next stay at another property

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank James R
Williamstown, West Virginia
Reviewed March 29, 2010

My wife, 8 year old daughter and I were in town for the night and booked a room here. We checked in late, ~20:30 and went to the pool for a swim. The pool area was very nice and kept clean, towels also provided. Later around 21:30 when we were going to go to bed we noticed a big problem with one of our beds after we had turned it down. I called the front desk and spoke with the manager who promptly showed up at our room and took care of the problem and was VERY appoligetic. He also took our stay off of our CC for the nights stay. The complimentary breakfast was outstanding, the staff was very friendly. Overall....a nice stay. With the service we received along with the very nice facility, I would stay at this place again without a douobt.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed August 9, 2009

I know I was a little put off by the description of this hotel being in or next to the Walmart parking lot. Made me worry a little about what kind of neighborhood it's in, but it got such good reviews, I went for it, and I'm not sorry. Yeah, it's a Walmart with its parking lot (and a Lowe's or Home Depot next door). BUT, this is one of those towns which must have strict zoning laws, because the Walmart and hardware store had these upscale fronts in neutral colors (almost like they were built to coordinate with the Hampton Inn!). Their parking lot was clean and well lit. It was also separated from the Hampton Inn parking lot, so you won't be getting lots of Walmart and hardware store traffic driving by you at all times of day and night. So, don't give the neighbors a thought.
As usual with Hampton Inn, the room was very clean and the bed was comfy. Breakfast was in a nice airy area (unlike some hotels, which cram 50 patrons into a space the size of a walk-in closet), and featured the standard Hampton Inn fare. If you're travelling through, stop here. The price is right, the rooms are comfy, and you'll have a good night and a nice start to the morning.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank loadeddownwithkids
Ohio
Reviewed November 20, 2008

We found this Hampton by accident when seeking a hotel at the halfway point for a long east/west driving trip. We now go out of our way to stay here by choice when visiting family in Pittsburgh, as it's so much nicer and easier to access than the downtown Hampton at McKnight Road.

This is a newer Hampton, so the facilities and amenities are clean and up-to-date, and we have always received top-notch customer service from all of the staff, from front desk to hospitality and maintenance. Our son enjoys the indoor pool, which is well serviced.

We will be staying here again!

• Liked — Clean, great service, access to food and necessities.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank BusinessTravelerUS
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed August 11, 2008

I had used Hotwire to book a Hotel on the Turnpike on our trip out to the East Coast and we ended up with some really poor 2 star property in a small town on the Turnpike.

My advice to anyone traveling with children on the PA Turnpike is to just step up and pay the 114.00 and book this property. This is as nice as any 4 star hotel in a downtown. It is only a year old and the rooms are sensational, big clean beautiful beds and bathrooms. The breakfast was terrific, with some hot items and frit yogurts and cereals.

They also have a business center with a computer and free internet access. The indoor pool is very nice.

This property was sold out on a Saturday night and it is easy to see why. This is by far the best 2 star hotel I have ever stayed in and my wife would most certainly agree.

• Liked — EVERYTHING!!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank HotelGuest_1933
Michigan
Reviewed November 6, 2007

We stumbled on to this Hampton Inn when we decided to pull off the road (I-70) a bit earlier than planned. It is spacious, quite new and very welcoming. Breakfast was a notch above the usual fare at highway hotels. Access to/from the interstate is very convenient (a situation that is somewhat rare in Western Pennsylvania). Didn't use the pool but it looked inviting. Fitness room was above average. Price was about average for this area, but spacious room and good breakfast made it a great value.

• Liked — spacious room, comfortable bed
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
Best Western Garden Inn
Best Western Garden Inn
#1 of 2 in Bentleyville
Hampton Inn & Suites California University - Pittsburgh

Been to Hampton Inn Belle Vernon? Share your experiences!