“nice rooms”

Hampton Inn Belle Vernon
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Belle Vernon
Reviewed December 18, 2013

rooms were nice but no fridge or microwave. Lobby was being remodeled. It would have been nice to have a temporary sitting room as the hotel was full and had several related groups staying. Only had contact with the evening desk clerk, but he was cordial and helpful. Breakfast room was fine, good variety for complimentary bkf.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonBVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Belle Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

First and foremost, let me apologizes for the renovation that is going on our in our hotel. It can be somewhat frustrating when you plan on having a few nights away.

Our hotel rooms do not come with refrigerators or microwaves. We do have individual refrigerators available, if you check with front desk associate working the front desk.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

This place was a great rest spot after a long drive and dropping of my daughter to school. Everything was clean and there were plenty of shops and places to eat close by. I had planned to drop my daughter of and leave immediately after but I was tired so I stayed here. Since I did not have anything with me to stay overnight toiletries clothes etc. Walmart was across the lot. The bathroom was clean and the room did not smell musty. I have had better complimentary breakfast but this was not bad.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Stayed one night. The room was very comfortable but dated. The hotel seems to be in the middle of a renovation (Much needed). The breakfast was not as good as most Hampton Inns. The reason it gets a 4 star instead of a 3 is that the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the smoking floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Nice hotel being renovated. They still accommodated the guests with breakfast. Very good service. My luggage was lost and the young man at the front desk brought me a toothbrush and toothpaste. That was a nice touch!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonBVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Belle Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Yes, we are going through some painful renovations. I am happy your stay was pleasant and uneventful. We try to make all of our guest have a memorable stay when they visit our property. Extremely happy the front desk staff member was accommodating to your needs. It can be frustrating when your luggage gets lost. I hope we can be of service to again if you are ever in the area again

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Hampton Inns are very comfortable for quick stays for business and vacations. They provide the essentials for comfort without luxury. In most locations the price is very competitive and you can depend on the product--clean, comfortable and good access.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Every October I've stayed at this hotel, the staff are super friendly and always on top of things. When we were stranded because of Hurricane Sandy last year they didn't bat an eyelash to extend our stay and drop our rate making sure we were safe, fine, and well looked after.

This year we stayed for 8 nights and they were just as courteous and kind. Suites are large, bathrooms are amazing, and the beds are certainly some of the most comfortable I've slept in. I honestly can't see myself staying anywhere else in the Mon Valley now.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
HamptonBVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Belle Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Our family here at the Hampton Inn-Belle Vernon, strives to make each and every guest have a memorable stay when they leave the property. I am truly glad your stay was excellent and equally happy to hear your stay was as commendable. General Manager Leonard Lipscomb

Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Belle Vernon on October 18-19. Our reservation confirmation shows that we requested a nonsmoking room, but we were placed in a smoking room. When we realized this, we asked to change our room. The front desk was very accommodating at first and switched our room right away on October 18th. On October 19th after leaving the hotel for the day, we received a call saying that we needed to change rooms because they had double booked the room we were in (although we were never told that when we originally moved to the room). Unfortunately, we were not returning to the hotel until late that night and were unable to get our things together. If we had known that we needed to change rooms, we would have happily packed up again and moved rooms. The hotel staff called to tell us that they were moving our things while we were gone. I was not happy with this situation and very uncomfortable having strangers touch my things. They did this without us giving them permission to do so. We asked that the hotel manager call us ASAP to be sure of the process for moving items, but he never responded to our calls. We left several messages for him and only heard back from him the Monday after we checked out. After moving our personal items when we were not present, we are missing a pair of sunglasses and a coat, totaling $500. After telling the hotel manager this (Leonard), he told us it was our own fault and was completely defensive and disrespectful. At this point corporate is telling us that they are not in charge of lost/stolen items and that the hotel itself has to handle it. The hotel manager is not compliant at all and we will now be filing a police report. My family spends thousands of dollars a year at this hotel and they have completely lost our business and respect. Our items need to be reimbursed for the hassle and wrong doing on their part. We were reimbursed for one hotel night, but at this point our items are worth more than a night at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonBVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Belle Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Deeply sorry for this guest experience at our hotel. But doing a thorough investigation at the hotel and corporate level all of our I's and T's had been crossed. Everything was do correctly on the part of management. When management spoke with the guest, he was satisfied with the resolution. We go the extra mile to make sure our guest have a memorable stay while they are at our property. I only hope this guest would give us another try to make their stay enjoyable.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Belle Vernon
Hampton Inn & Suites California University - Pittsburgh
Clarion Inn Belle Vernon
Clarion Inn Belle Vernon
#6 of 6 in Belle Vernon

Been to Hampton Inn Belle Vernon? Share your experiences!