“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Belle Vernon
Forest Hill, Maryland
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Hampton Inns are very comfortable for quick stays for business and vacations. They provide the essentials for comfort without luxury. In most locations the price is very competitive and you can depend on the product--clean, comfortable and good access.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Every October I've stayed at this hotel, the staff are super friendly and always on top of things. When we were stranded because of Hurricane Sandy last year they didn't bat an eyelash to extend our stay and drop our rate making sure we were safe, fine, and well looked after.

This year we stayed for 8 nights and they were just as courteous and kind. Suites are large, bathrooms are amazing, and the beds are certainly some of the most comfortable I've slept in. I honestly can't see myself staying anywhere else in the Mon Valley now.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
HamptonBVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Belle Vernon, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Our family here at the Hampton Inn-Belle Vernon, strives to make each and every guest have a memorable stay when they leave the property. I am truly glad your stay was excellent and equally happy to hear your stay was as commendable. General Manager Leonard Lipscomb
Norfolk, United States
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Belle Vernon on October 18-19. Our reservation confirmation shows that we requested a nonsmoking room, but we were placed in a smoking room. When we realized this, we asked to change our room. The front desk was very accommodating at first and switched our room right away on October 18th. On October 19th after leaving the hotel for the day, we received a call saying that we needed to change rooms because they had double booked the room we were in (although we were never told that when we originally moved to the room). Unfortunately, we were not returning to the hotel until late that night and were unable to get our things together. If we had known that we needed to change rooms, we would have happily packed up again and moved rooms. The hotel staff called to tell us that they were moving our things while we were gone. I was not happy with this situation and very uncomfortable having strangers touch my things. They did this without us giving them permission to do so. We asked that the hotel manager call us ASAP to be sure of the process for moving items, but he never responded to our calls. We left several messages for him and only heard back from him the Monday after we checked out. After moving our personal items when we were not present, we are missing a pair of sunglasses and a coat, totaling $500. After telling the hotel manager this (Leonard), he told us it was our own fault and was completely defensive and disrespectful. At this point corporate is telling us that they are not in charge of lost/stolen items and that the hotel itself has to handle it. The hotel manager is not compliant at all and we will now be filing a police report. My family spends thousands of dollars a year at this hotel and they have completely lost our business and respect. Our items need to be reimbursed for the hassle and wrong doing on their part. We were reimbursed for one hotel night, but at this point our items are worth more than a night at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonBVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Belle Vernon, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Deeply sorry for this guest experience at our hotel. But doing a thorough investigation at the hotel and corporate level all of our I's and T's had been crossed. Everything was do correctly on the part of management. When management spoke with the guest, he was satisfied with the resolution. We go the extra mile to make sure our guest have a memorable stay while they are at our property. I only hope this guest would give us another try to make their stay enjoyable.
Summerville, United States
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Very convenient to all areas in the Mon Valley. The staff is super and the breakfasts are great plus 24 hour coffee. Great access to shopping and access to US 70. Large selection of all levels of dinning experience is readily available.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

It's always good to read great reviews about our property. I am happy to hear we met all your needs while you were here. We look forward to seeing you again and reading another fine review from you. We thank you for your patronage.
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My husband and I come to the area once a year to attend the haunt attraction Castle Blood in Monessen. This hotel was clean and attractive. The bed was comfortable and my husband enjoyed the roomy walk in shower. The breakfast was excellent with many choices of hot and cold food. We recommend this hotel and will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

carlisle, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Hotel was very clean. There for business and the morning breakfast was nice and the food was decent. A good hotel to stay at if on a business trip. I would stay at this hotel in the future for business or leisure if traveling to the Western, PA area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Niagara Falls, NY
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I booked this as part of Hiltonhonors points. I couldn't have been happier. The grounds are small but clean. The desk staff was helpful and friendly at all times. The free breakfast included in stay was good and made it very nice for the days we wanted to get up and get moving early. The best part of this hotel is the cleanliness. Believe me, I am VERY picky and I rip a room apart when I get in it. I found NOTHING to complain about. The linens not only looked fresh and clean, they smelled it. The rug was clean, even under the bed. The bathroom was spotless. This is one of the best hotel stays I have ever had. During the day I would see the staff repairing even the smallest dings or marks on walls or doors. They were so thorough. I commend the management and all the staff of this hotel! I recommend without reservation!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Best Western Garden Inn
Best Western Garden Inn
#1 of 2 in Bentleyville
Holiday Inn Express Bentleyville

Been to Hampton Inn Belle Vernon? Share your experiences!