We stayed at this Hampton Inn for 2 nights for a family wedding in the area. Unfortunately for some reason there are very few hotels to choose from if you have to stay in this area, so if you have to stay in the area be sure to reserve in advance as the only good hotels (hampton, holiday inn express) seem to book up fast. Also, plan to pay a far higher rate than you normally would elsewhere - thankfully we got a wedding group rate of $89 + tax, but the typical rate is about $115-135 per night.
- FREE breakfast. It always annoys me when I stay at "higher-end" hotels that don't offer free breakfast. This is a basic amenity that should be provided at every hotel, and Hampton does it right. This was a mid-range breakfast - not a full-fledged buffet, but still better than bagels and coffee. Items included oatmeal (w/ toppings), bagels, muffins, pastries, hot waffles, pre-made egg omelets, breakfast potatoes, cereals, and juice/coffee/milk/hot chocolate.
- Indoor pool
- Comfortable, modern, and very clean rooms. All sheets and duvets are fluffy and washed for each guest, which is very nice to know. Bathrooms are clean and modern, and the shower is huge!
- Good location - right off the interstate and close to many restaurants, grocery stores, Walmart and K-mart, etc.
- Reservation system could use some work. Some in our party had issues not getting the room they had reserved weeks ago.
- Thin walls. This is not my normal experience with Hampton, but the walls seemed very thin. I could hear coughing, TV noise, and the shower from adjacent rooms. Also, as other reviewers mentioned we could hear noise from the hall.
- No hot tub. I know cost/regulations are probably the issue, but it always bugs me when hotels have a nice indoor pool but no hut tub. We didn't use the pool because it felt too cold.
Overall, I highly recommend this property so long as you can find a way to get a decent rate. If you have to stay in this area, Hampton is a good choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Hampton Inn by Hilton Belle Vernon hotel has easy access area attractions and is within 35 minutes of Pittsburgh. Enjoy a clean and fresh Hampton bed, free internet access, free hot breakfast and indoor pool and fitness center use. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn Belle Vernon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Belle Vernon Hotel Belle Vernon
- Belle Vernon Hampton Inn