“Good food, not so good service”
Review of Speer Street Grill

Speer Street Grill
Ranked #1 of 63 Restaurants in Belle Vernon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Youngstown, Ohio
“Good food, not so good service”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Really good food here, just not that great at service. We had a group of 6 and they weren't that busy, but they just had no sense of urgency. They were out if 2 different beers, didn't seem to care.

• Visited May 2014

“Nice find in small town”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great find long I-70 corridor in Western Pa. Local flavor combined with good menu makes for a nice and relaxing evening.

• Visited December 2013
Pennsylvania
“Consistently Good!!!”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

My family has been eating here regularly for years. I'm amazed at the consistent quality of the food. It's as if the same chef has been working here for the past 20 years! The courteous wait staff makes it a pleasure visiting Speer Street. My 92-year-old aunt is a little disappointed that they stopped serving angel hair pasta a few years back, but she's gotten over it.

• Visited April 2014
Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania
“One of our favorites”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We love Speers St., we go almost every week so my husband can have the chicken parm. The staff is very friendly and they make you feel very comfortable.

• Visited February 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good food, hard to get a seat.”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Usually a pretty good place to eat! Some dishes are local, I see others don't care for them, but the Mon Valley is a very ethnic area, if you're not from here... well you don't see these things elsewhere.

I usually get the chicken parm, good and more than I can eat.

What happened to the onion bloom appetizer?? That's the whole reason we come, and it's been off the menu for a year or better. I was told it's because some complain that the size varies, indeed, onions come out of the ground and not a factory, so yes they vary.

6-7 years ago my then fiance and I were surprised to get 2 onions delivered to the table with the chef's regrets they were both small onions, but thought we looked hungry so he used two small ones!

Our little ones enjoy watching for trains and tug boats in the river, it keeps them entertained (as much as can be expected).

The back deck is shady and nice to sit outside in warmer weather.

• Visited May 2013