“Summer”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2013

This a great little place along the Monongahela river, in lower Speers Pa. Wonderful food, nice setting with the River side shops just a nice afternoon out

There are newer reviews for Speers Street Grill

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Never disappointed with the meals or service. Nice variety of meals. Friendly staff. Large choice of awesome desserts.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

If you are looking for a small restaurant in a setting along the rivers edge, this is for you. It has a wide variety of meals from fish dishes to various American dishes. Food is well prepared and is served by friendly staff. It has small tables both inside and outside in warm weather. The deserts are made locally and are delicious.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The little brother of the much higher end Back Porch across the street (I believe the are owned by the same family) the food here is pretty consistent and good. The sandwiches are good. The stuffed peppers are always spicy and tasty. The service is OK depending upon who you get but the waitresses always seem to be trying hard. Its not terribly expensive but compared to some of the "holes in wall" around the area it may seem high but its a good spot to take a date or a client, for a bite. The deserts are wonderful, pie and cakes especially. My only complaint would be that the menu doesn't change very often

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband, has worked in this area a few times, had eaten here before, and said this was the one nice restaurant in the area. I was interested as it sits beside the river.

It was Sunday night, Aug. 25, 2013. There was a wait. I don't mind waiting, and there were plenty of historic photos from the area on the walls to look at and ponder, not to mention the case of what I assume were homemade pies.

We were finally seated at a corner table where I had a view of the entire inside dining room. Menus were delivered and there were some things on the menu that I've never seen before, like the Hungarian Banana Peppers stuffed with Hot Italian Sausage, served over linguini with homemade marinara sauce and smothered with mozzarella cheese.

I chose that for my meal. It was hot and spicy as advertised. I enjoyed the stuffed peppers, but I really hate to get pasta when the kitchen doesn't drain it well and it's sitting in a pool of water. I couldn't decide if it was the flavor of the water on my plate, or the flavor of the sauce that I didn't like, but I didn't eat much of the pasta. The "smothered with mozzerella" was really a sprinkling of shredded cheese. I think it was a popular dish here, it said so on the menu. I saw just the stuffed peppers in the appetizers section. I also saw this item on the menu at Sonny's Grill the next evening, so not sure if this is a regional dish or not.

My husband had a Greek fresh grilled tuna salad - also on Sonny's menu the next night.

My husband said his meal was good, and he was excited to take me to this restaurant. I wish my meal had been better. I did enjoy looking at the bridge we crossed to get there. About half hour drive from the Hampton Inn in Belle Vernon.

1  Thank Debra D