“"Outstanding Stay I plan on coming back"” 5 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Belle Vernon
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Belle Vernon
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Belle Vernon
virginia
“"Outstanding Stay I plan on coming back"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

The hotel is clean and the staff are great. This is my second stay at the hotel. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Any time I will be traveling through this area I will be staying at this hotel. The pool and breakfast bar are great. Good job!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

After staying at Holiday Inn properties over 200 nights this year, I can truthfully say that I encountered the worst front desk employee at this location. After waiting 5 minutes with no one in sight, we had the pleasure of seeing Brianne walk out from the back room. After no greeting I told her I would like a room for the night. She then quoted me a price that was 10 dollars higher than the price listed on my Priority Club App. After showing her the rate I asked her if it was really necessary to book on the App to get that rate. Seeing literally hundreds of front desk workers punch in rates I know this is possible, however she rudely brushed me off saying it was out of her hands. I then sat down and punched in my information and made the reservation on my own. Obviously with a bad taste in my mouth I walked back to brianne and handed her my ID and credit card to check in. After a little fight about my upgrade with Platinum statis, she basically tossed my cards back at me and sent me on my way.

Overall she was just extremely unprofessional and seemed completely unfit for a customer service role.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank HopperNation
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Belle Vernon, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear HopperNation,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. As a Priority Club Member we greatly appreciate your loyalty to our brand and hotel. Please accept my deep apologies for the inconvenience our front desk may have caused and for that we’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
WV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Everyone was very friendly & helpful, ESP. the Woman at the " BREAKFAST BAR " .

I had questions about things to do & general area. Will definatly stay here again !!!!!

Rooms were clean / avereage for this star rated hotel . Had a really nice stay .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GIGI67
Madison Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

This was a band new hotel. Our room was clean and very comfortable, nicely appointed. We at breakfast twice and it was good (pancakes, sausage, biscuits, gravy, eggs, sweet rolls, cereal, etc.). The indoor pool was clean, but cold (I thought it would be heated to a higher temperature). Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Connellsville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

I stay at this hotel at least once a week. The hotel is very clean and new. The staff has always been very friendly and helpful. Doug at the front desk will go above and beyond to make everything right.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel the first weekend in August for two nights. My family had three rooms reserved there. The hotel is very nice and new. The only negative thing is the customer service from one particular employee. It was really bad. Bad enough that I would have given this hotel an excellent rating if it wasn't for her.

The lobby is very nice and a cozy place to hang out with family and friends. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. Loved the beds.They are very comfortable. I slept great! Breakfast area is nice and very roomy. The food wasn't bad. It was actually pretty good. Love the Holiday Inn Express signature cinnamon rolls. The lady who was taking care of the breakfast area was very nice.

Now the negative. The dark haired girl who works the front desk in the evening (her name starts with a B) is one of the rudest, unfriendly people I have ever dealt with at a hotel. She is just downright nasty. I travel a lot and have stayed at a lot of hotels and I have never had to deal with someone like this before. I also am a travel agent and would be very concerned about putting my clients up at this hotel because of this girl. She always had a sour look on her face and she made it quite obvious she really didn't care. I never once saw this girl smile. She obviously hates her job. She is going to hurt this hotel's business if they don't do something with her.

My elderly mom had a negative experience with this girl our first night there, all over needing a box of tissues for her room.

Our second night stay, my boyfriend and I stopped by the front desk to see if they could recommend a nice sports bar we could eat at. After standing at the front desk for 3 minutes waiting for someone to come out, I finally started yelling "Hello" and she finally came out of a back room. She walked out with this mean look on her face and just stood there. Most people would have said, "Can I help you?" with a smile on their face. Not this girl. VERY poor customer service.

Later in the evening we were hanging out in the lobby on the couches watching the Olympics. This girl was nowhere to be found. People would stop by the front desk and yell "Hello" and she wouldn't come out from where she was hiding. One guy left the desk, went back to his room and called down to the front desk. When he came back down he looked at us and said, "I just called down here and spoke to her. Where is she?" There was an elderly man who was trying to buy something from this little store that is located off the front desk. He was standing at the window with his items and money. He kept yelling for someone's attention so he could pay for his stuff and she never did come out. He finally put his money on the counter and walked away.

While we were in the lobby watching TV, at least six people came through there needing help. They all walked away looking at us, shaking their heads. It was either because they just had to deal with this rude nasty girl OR she never came out of her hiding place and the guest gave up and went back to their room.

I hope you find my review helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Amy S
IHGCare, IHGCare at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Belle Vernon, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Dear Amy S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am pleased to know that you liked our location and you found our room accommodations commendable. Please accept my sincerest apology for any inconvenience the front desk may have caused. I will follow up with the front desk to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
GEORGETOWN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night while visiting relatives in the area. The hotel looks like it is brand new,very clean and modern. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The lady that was taking care of the breakfast area in the morning was the most helpful person....asking us if everything was ok and could she get us anything else. The rooms were very quiet and we got a good nights sleep! Would stay here again & recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
#1 of 2 in Bentleyville
Hampton Inn & Suites California University - Pittsburgh
Holiday Inn Express Bentleyville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Pittsburgh New Stanton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Belle Vernon? Share your experiences!