“Staff was Great” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Belle Vernon
WV
“Staff was Great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Everyone was very friendly & helpful, ESP. the Woman at the " BREAKFAST BAR " .

I had questions about things to do & general area. Will definatly stay here again !!!!!

Rooms were clean / avereage for this star rated hotel . Had a really nice stay .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank GIGI67

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Madison Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

This was a band new hotel. Our room was clean and very comfortable, nicely appointed. We at breakfast twice and it was good (pancakes, sausage, biscuits, gravy, eggs, sweet rolls, cereal, etc.). The indoor pool was clean, but cold (I thought it would be heated to a higher temperature). Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Connellsville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

I stay at this hotel at least once a week. The hotel is very clean and new. The staff has always been very friendly and helpful. Doug at the front desk will go above and beyond to make everything right.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel the first weekend in August for two nights. My family had three rooms reserved there. The hotel is very nice and new. The only negative thing is the customer service from one particular employee. It was really bad. Bad enough that I would have given this hotel an excellent rating if it wasn't for her.

The lobby is very nice and a cozy place to hang out with family and friends. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. Loved the beds.They are very comfortable. I slept great! Breakfast area is nice and very roomy. The food wasn't bad. It was actually pretty good. Love the Holiday Inn Express signature cinnamon rolls. The lady who was taking care of the breakfast area was very nice.

Now the negative. The dark haired girl who works the front desk in the evening (her name starts with a B) is one of the rudest, unfriendly people I have ever dealt with at a hotel. She is just downright nasty. I travel a lot and have stayed at a lot of hotels and I have never had to deal with someone like this before. I also am a travel agent and would be very concerned about putting my clients up at this hotel because of this girl. She always had a sour look on her face and she made it quite obvious she really didn't care. I never once saw this girl smile. She obviously hates her job. She is going to hurt this hotel's business if they don't do something with her.

My elderly mom had a negative experience with this girl our first night there, all over needing a box of tissues for her room.

Our second night stay, my boyfriend and I stopped by the front desk to see if they could recommend a nice sports bar we could eat at. After standing at the front desk for 3 minutes waiting for someone to come out, I finally started yelling "Hello" and she finally came out of a back room. She walked out with this mean look on her face and just stood there. Most people would have said, "Can I help you?" with a smile on their face. Not this girl. VERY poor customer service.

Later in the evening we were hanging out in the lobby on the couches watching the Olympics. This girl was nowhere to be found. People would stop by the front desk and yell "Hello" and she wouldn't come out from where she was hiding. One guy left the desk, went back to his room and called down to the front desk. When he came back down he looked at us and said, "I just called down here and spoke to her. Where is she?" There was an elderly man who was trying to buy something from this little store that is located off the front desk. He was standing at the window with his items and money. He kept yelling for someone's attention so he could pay for his stuff and she never did come out. He finally put his money on the counter and walked away.

While we were in the lobby watching TV, at least six people came through there needing help. They all walked away looking at us, shaking their heads. It was either because they just had to deal with this rude nasty girl OR she never came out of her hiding place and the guest gave up and went back to their room.

I hope you find my review helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Amy S
IHGCare, IHGCare at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Belle Vernon, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Dear Amy S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am pleased to know that you liked our location and you found our room accommodations commendable. Please accept my sincerest apology for any inconvenience the front desk may have caused. I will follow up with the front desk to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
GEORGETOWN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night while visiting relatives in the area. The hotel looks like it is brand new,very clean and modern. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The lady that was taking care of the breakfast area in the morning was the most helpful person....asking us if everything was ok and could she get us anything else. The rooms were very quiet and we got a good nights sleep! Would stay here again & recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank maryjake
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

This hotel was really nice. It seemed like we were the first people to stay in the room.
It looked like the shower, coffee pot, etc, had never been used. Really clean and nice.
Convenient location for me to visit family-I will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Stayed at this Holiday Inn Express in June, with my adult daughter, when it was only a week old. Its features included quiet room, nice bedding, clean bath, and great TV. Carpets were new and still stain free! Staff was friendly and helpful. Our relatives who live nearby came by to check it out- they had watched it being built. Breakfast was typical- pancakes added to the buffet. Again the newness bumped it up a notch. Overall a great hotel if you need a place on that side of Pittsburgh. Caution to Holiday Inn to try to keep their prices down. Comparable hotels were a lower price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
#1 of 2 in Bentleyville
Hampton Inn & Suites California University - Pittsburgh
Holiday Inn Express Bentleyville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Pittsburgh New Stanton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Belle Vernon? Share your experiences!