“Best hotel I ever stayed at on a family trip!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Belle Vernon
Reviewed December 2, 2011

I can't say enough about this place. We stayed here for 6 days for a family reunion for Thanksgiving. The room was perfect for our family of five. The beds were big, and there was even a fold up cot with a mattress and it's own linen, so we were all able to spread out and sleep comfortably. The free breakfast was great. The whole hotel was immaculately clean, parking was ample and close to the room. The desk staff was helpful for the few needs that came up, like needing to make change for the laundry machines. The internet went down for a brief period, but the desk personnel were on top of it and had the cable company out right away. This hotel was simply the best I've ever stayed at on a family trip.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank 1Charlie59
ComfortInnPA582, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2011

Thank you so much for the kind review! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed September 20, 2011

Our son was married on Sept. 17th of 2011 and the wedding and reception were being held close to our motel. Although we live in the area, a block of rooms were reserved by the bride's family, and, it was more convenient for us to stay for two nights. I am disabled, due to chronic lower back pain, and we booked a room with a jacuzzi. We were checked in effortlessly and found our room to be quite clean and larger than expected. Neither of us could figure out how to start the jacuzzi, but, with a call to the front desk, the problem was resolved quickly due to the very fast service we recieved. The next morning we decided we would check out the free breakfast offered and, were once again surprised by the different breakfast food offered. Whenever the dining area became crowded they opened an adjacent meeting room to accomodate everyone. After the wedding we returned to a clean room with plenty of towels and toiletries provided. We both thought our bed was comfortable and there was adequate parking for all the guests. Checkout was simple with no surprises. I would recommend the Comfort Inn to weary travelers or with people who have events to attend in the area.

Room Tip: If you suffer from any sort of pain that would decrease with a jacuzzi, I would recommend booking on...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank superdan624100

Thank you for the kind review! I'm glad we were able to provide the service your group needed.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed here at the beginning and end of a week long bike trip on the Great Allegheny Passage. The Comfort Inn in Belle Vernon is about a ten minute drive from the West Newton trailhead. I had a huge room on the first floor that the desk clerk gave me so that there was plenty of room to keep my bike. It was huge. The same clerk was on duty when I came back a week later and greeted me by name and asked all about the trip. He was definitely friendly. The room was clean but typical for this kind of hotel and I thought it was somewhat overpriced, although it did include a full breakfast with a surprisingly wide choice of food, including bagel, English muffin, cereal, fruit, yoghurt, waffles, eggs, sausage, etc. etc. etc. The hotel has that smell of pesticide or cleaning stuff that is somewhat unpleasant. It is in the absolute middle of nowhere, except that it is near an I-70 interchange. It served my needs well enough and if I did this again, I would go back.

Room Tip: If you need a first floor room to keep your bike, ask for 130.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends

Thank you for your kind and candid comments. They will help us improve the service we provide for our guests.

Reviewed July 18, 2011

When we arrive we opened the door to a very large room. At first this seemed great but then a very tiny (almost nightstand size) dresser. This was a 2 queen size bedroom. It had a very tiny table and 2 chairs. There was no flat surface to put anything. We piled things on the desk. The refrig and micro wave was the reason we booked here but the refrig froze everything solid. Next the bathroom door was open and the smell of urine almost was overwhelming. We washed every surface down and still after 2 air fresheners it was still hard to handle. The shower curtain was the reason and upon checking out we told the girl at the desk. Her reply was "sorry". The coffee maker was tiny, paper cups and plastic cups was not a perk at all. The room was not fresh and crisp as usual at other Comfort Inns. Very unhappy.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank snowflake1959
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I am very shocked that this hotel charges $100 a night. We had a tiny room-nothing special about it, it felt new and clean though. The in room microwave did not work.
At check in the girl barely acknowledged me and wouldn't even listen to my questions about the wedding group we were staying with and the shuttle sign for it that was on the desk. Another employee walked up and she cut me off mid-sentence to talk to him about his plans for the night. It was odd.
Check out was at 11 and at 10:30 there was not a front desk employee to be found. I waited there 7-10 minutes til someone finally showed up and got my bill for me to sign so I could leave. As I was eating breakfast around 9 I watched a man stand there waiting and he became quite angry as the minutes ticked by and no one showed. He finally stormed off.
The pool is the smallest one I have ever seen. No exaggeration. I'm not sure why they even bothered to build it, maybe 2 or 3 young kids would have fun in it for few minutes but I cannot imagine an adult in it or more than a few kids in it at a time.
Even the in room coffee maker is very small, only makes one cup.
The breakfast was very nice and much appreciated.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SarahSmile1981
INCAAM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2011

Thank you for your review, the feedback we receive from our guests aids us in improving our services. I’m sorry to hear that the accommodations were less than satisfying for you and to hear of the trouble you encountered during your stay. I truly apologize that our staff was not up to standard during your stay. Every guest should receive proper respect and attention during their stay with us, and I’m disappointed that this was not the case for you. If you should be in the area again please give us another chance to show you that we are better than this.

John M.

Reviewed June 29, 2011

The comfort Inn is conveniently located next to I-70 in a quiet location that makes for a pleasant stay. It's very easy to find. The hotel staff are very friendly and courteous. The room are clean, roomy, and modern with refrigerators, microwaves and flat screen tvs. Very good continental breakfast. All room are moderately price making them a very good value. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Not sure how we got here, but at 9pm on a Wednesday everything for 30 miles was booked. It was the last room available and it did its job. Hotel staff was friendly, rooms were standard and clean, and the breakfast was the normal Choice Hotel breakfast. Good experience and would stay there again for one night.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank shlouse
INCAAM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2011

Thank you for the kind review; we are committed to our guests’ satisfaction. I’m glad you found us and we were able to accommodate you. We look forward to having you stay with us the next time you’re in the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Belle Vernon
Hampton Inn & Suites California University - Pittsburgh
Clarion Inn Belle Vernon
Clarion Inn Belle Vernon
#6 of 6 in Belle Vernon

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!