“great choice”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Bedford
pittsburgh
“great choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

This is a perfect example of a 'mom and pop' motel that has been taken care of. I believe the place is owned by true 'locals' The rooms are the cleanest you will ever stay in.Our room, 127, was a great value for the amenities and size. This is my second time here. The place has not been updated in a while, but honestly everything looks to be in such great condition that it will be very hard to take it negatively, especially given the 68 dollar advanced purchase price I got here. the rooms are very spacious. I loved our parking convenience and the fact of being behind the main building was very quiet. The staff that I have spoken to so far either on the phone or checking in are very down to earth, not fake or have an attitude. The exterior is also in great shape. The pool that was recently renovated is going to be awesome in the Summer. I am excited to come back in a few months to see how renovations are when we come through the area again.

Room Tip: rooms in the back are peaceful
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
QualityInn001, General Manager at Quality Inn Bedford, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you for your time taken to answer our on-line survey.

We appreciate your comments, and are happy that you were satisfied with your accommodations. We are very excited with our renovation process and would enjoy seeing you here again. The advance reservation rate is a great value for anyone who plans in advance for their travels. As you said, it gives our guests an excellent rate.

Hope to see you again soon!

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Had the most pleasant trip, the staff was incredibly helpful and the Manager Vee Hagen was so kind and welcoming. The outdoor pool is gorgeous. Definitely will stay here again. I have 2 small children and there was a large grassy area's for them to play and a resturant attached, traveled alone and felt extremely safe. The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
QualityInn001, General Manager at Quality Inn Bedford, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Forlinafour,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at the Quality Inn, Bedford. Your kind comments are very appreciated. It's always good to hear our guests say that their stay was enjoyable. I personally appreciated your mentioning my name.
Our renovation is in progress and hope that it is complete if you visit us again. We look forward to providing you with future accommodations when traveling through the area.
Cordially,
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

This was a great nice hotel right off the Turnpike. Very friendly staff and all my questions were answered. The breakfast was at Subway across the street but I was told construction was about to begin on the hotel lobby and they would have their own hot breakfast area very soon. I will definitely stay here again. The pool area also looks very nice for a summer stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
QualityInn001, General Manager at Quality Inn Bedford, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you for writing a review to Tripadvisor. I really appreciate your comments and ratings.
It's great that you noticed our pool area, we just completed new fencing, decking, and a beautiful gazebo. Yes, the next renovation project is the lobby and breakfast area. Work was actually started today with moving wiring and phone connections for a temporary front desk area. We would love to have you back once completed to stay with us again.
Cordially,
Hancock, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

I stayed here last night and found it to be a nice hotel. It was an easy on-off the the highway stay. There were plenty of places to eat nearby. Breakfast was interesting. They gave you a voucher to use across the street at Subway. I got a sub that I saved for lunch, and got breakfast at Mciky Dees.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank edbishop55
QualityInn001, General Manager at Quality Inn Bedford, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel after your stay. It is always great to hear guest feedback. We share these comments with all our staff so that we may improve on our guest service.
We're happy you stayed with us and hope you will stay again when passing through the area.
Cleveland Heights, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

This place was a pleasant surprise. We were taken aback by the large size of the room. The decor was dated and a bit drab, but large scale remodeling is set to begin soon. Our room was clean and quiet, although a bit chilly, and the amenities were plentiful, especially given the low rate we paid. The staff was friendly and seemed serious about pleasing the customer. One minor complaint: the aspect ratio on our TV screen kept shifting automatically. If you like Mexican food as we do, check out the attached restaurant, Salsa's Mexican Grill. We had a delicious dinner there, better than at most Mexican places in our home town of Cleveland, Ohio. Excellent salsa and guacamole. Due to our good experience here, we will check out other Choice Hotels properties.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
QualityInn001, General Manager at Quality Inn Bedford, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear jhohnj,
I have received your comments concerning your stay here at the Qualtiy Inn. Thank you for taking the time to review your accommodations. We are very excited to be moving into renovations here on the property. Progress is small steps at a time. Our pool area was completed this winter and the next step is interior lobby, breakfast area, and rooms. We hope to see you again in the near future. Vee, GM
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

When I walked into my room the first thing that caught my eye were two stink bugs, one flying the other on the ceiling. I ended their stay in my room and tried not to think about it. While watching television yet another one flew from out of nowhere and into the light fixture next to the bed. Then a couple of house flys were buzzing in a light fixture on the wall above the desk. A ladybug joined in the bug party that was taking place in my room. I decided to retire for the evening. Upon waking up the following morning as I was getting out of bed I felt something. I lifted the covered to find yet another stink bug had joined me during the night.
I let hotel personnel know about my problem, and their solution was to move me into the very next room. Not down the hall or any sort of a upgrade to even another part of the hotel. The room right next to the bug party.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Mr. Craig,
The frustration you had while at our property is understandable. We do not have a bug problem here at the property. We do however have exterior door rooms and when the doors are left open for even short periods of time, the bugs will try to get into the warn environment. It is surprising they can live through the dreadful cold we have had this winter, but they seem to be like a cat with 9 lives. I apologize that you were inconvenienced. After researching your comment, I found that we did credit your company for the inconvenience during your stay here. Again, I am sorry that you were frustrated with your room and accommodations.
Vee Hagen, GM
Nutley, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

While driving from New Jersey to Ohio we needed a mid-point stop for an evening. There are not many pet friendly locations available for an overnight stay. The Quality Inn in Bedford, Pa. was very willing to accept our cat as a guest for the evening. The room was extremely clean and served us very well. We booked a return stay upon departing. And Katie enjoyed looking out from the window sill on both occasions!

Room Tip: We had Room 227 for both stays with parking very close to transport the luggage.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank NickandNoraCharles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bedford
Quality Inn Breeze Manor
Quality Inn Breeze Manor
#2 of 8 in Breezewood
Holiday Inn Express Breezewood

Been to Quality Inn Bedford? Share your experiences!