“Pleased with the stay.”

Quality Inn Bedford
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Bedford
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Last stop on a long road trip, and it was a good place to stay. The door to my room opened directly across from the pool area, which was being used by a few teenagers when I arrived, so I dreaded hearing them goof off till all hours. But, inside the room I didn't hear them at all.

The carpet stains showed that this was one of their pet rooms, but only my dogs could detect any odors. There was a dramatic heat wave at the time I stayed and the room was warm when I loaded in, but the room's central A/C ran quietly and cooled down the room quickly. Best heat/cool unit of my trip. Bed and bath linens weren't luxurious, but were of better quality.

Made do with a small lawn near the pool for dog walking; no spacious area for off-leash exercise.

Wi-fi connection worked with no problems.

Quite a long walk from the back door to the breakfast area in the restaurant, and I was in a bit of a hurry; didn't find anything suitable to take on the road other than coffee, so I have no input on the food. There were only a few creamers out which seemed odd, as it was still somewhat early in the breakfast service hours.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Bedford

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stayed here for one night while passing through on our way to the DC area. Decent rooms, very clean, and staff were helpful and accommodating. I had (unintentionally) booked through one of the other travel websites, and none of my requests (adjoining room, etc.) had been entered into their system. But the desk agent quickly took care of all of it. I took a quick scan of the breakfast and was not impressed with the selection, so we skipped that and ate at the Bob Evans a little farther down the turnpike. But that was the only thing that was slightly disappointed (and might not be a big deal for a lot of people, but we like our breakfast!)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We've stayed here before, and will again. It's a great property. Clean. Roomy. Comfy beds. Wireless was flawless. Check-in was swift. Breakfast was great. I only wish the attached restaurant/lounge hadn't closed, but there were other good ones nearby.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Quaint would be the kindest way to describe this hotel. We stayed with this brand because of a promotion going on, but wish we had just stayed elsewhere. The hotel itself is comprised of a few different buildings, some of which may have been better than ours. Our room was old, old, old. The carpet was horribly stained in a few different places, which seemed to be a common thing throughout the hotel. At the time of our travel, there were excessive heat warnings state wide, yet the air conditioning in the room wasn't running. We had to turn it on and crank it way down. Not too fun when arriving after a long day of driving in the heat. The pool is outdoor and seems nice enough. When my 9 year old and I went in, however, it was full of people drinking and smoking. This was at 4 in the afternoon! I'm all for having fun, but let a kid swim for a while! To be fair, I didn't talk to the desk about this, so don't know if it was a common occurance or just happened to occur the night we were there.

There are plenty of fast food places around the hotel, as well as other restaurants. The restaurant attached to the hotel is closed, except for the breakfast. Wow. It's not a mystery why it's closed. It's like stepping back in time. The breakfast was also not great. Tupperware containers of the little boxed donuts, some bread items, and a few warm choices. I'd recommend heading to the Denny's that's close by if you're looking for a good meal to start your day.

The best thing about the hotel was its convenience to the turnpike. There are, though, many other choices right there, and I'd recommend choosing one of them instead. Next time, I will.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Quality Inn Bedford
General Manager: J. Vee Hagen
Arrival Date: 07/09/2011
Reservation: 10 rooms

On July 9th 2011 I was traveling with a group of veterans from the American Legion on a trip to Shanksville, PA to pay our respects to the heroes of Flight 93. Our group representative made reservations for the group a month previous to our trip and the reservation was confirmed by Quality Inn Bedford. On the day of travel we encountered some mechanical problems which delayed our arrival. Our group representative called Quality Inn Bedford to inform them of our delayed arrival and was informed it would be no problem. Our group representative is a retired state police administrator as well as a veteran. He is exacting and precise and has booked many trips for us in the past without incident.

After an exhausting day on the road we arrived at the Quality Inn Bedford and were informed that our reservation would not be honored because we did not individually reserve each room. The desk clerk told us that after our representative called about the delay they were very busy and the manager directed her to give away our rooms.

We were turned away at the door and forced to find accommodations elsewhere. They did not call our group representative nor give us any warning prior to our arrival. They simply dismissed us at the door. We left and found a last minute substitution however the incident caused undue hardship on a number of our members who have serious health issues including one who is diabetic and three with recent heart conditions.

In discussions with the group the next morning, the consensus was that not since the Vietnam era have we been treated so disrespectfully. We are a group of veterans made up largely of retirees and we travel quite frequently and I can tell you Quality Inn Bedford will never be our choice for accommodations again.

“It takes many good deeds to build a good reputation, and only one bad one to lose it.” – Benjamin Franklin

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank houseval
Reviewed July 13, 2011

While doing a driving tour of the surrounding area, we stayed here for one night. Our room was on the front of the building, overlooking the road, but we did not hear much noise during our stay.

The room was surprisingly large and spacious and the furniture was all in good shape. The room air conditioning was controlled with a thermostat and a circulating fan in the ceiling (which ran constantly, causing some vibration and noise, but not so much it was disturbing). The bathroom was very clean and everything worked fine; the usual soaps, shampoo, and lotion was provided with the towels. The curtain on the window had some small holes in it which showed up when we drew it closed for the night and lights from outside shined through.

Check in and out was fast and accurate at the front desk. There was an interior corridor to the rooms from there, and also a door in the hall leading directly to the parking lot. At the end of the hall (and down some stairs) was the restaurant which had recently closed except for the free hotel breakfast. It was a little eerie to have breakfast in the huge empty restaurant dining room with just a few guests and the small breakfast buffet, but the hostess was friendly and helpful and the food was good. There was scrambled eggs, pancakes, and sausage in the hot trays, cold cereal, breads, and fruits, plus orange juice, milk, and coffee. Unlike many hotel breakfasts, this one started later (7 am), but since we did not need to hurry that was OK for us.

The free wi-fi worked well in the room. There was free parking out front, and a variety of restaurants along the road, many within walking distance of the hotel. A gas station was directly across the street, and the entrance to the Pennsylvania Turnpike was just down the street a short distance and well marked.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Got to the motel 6:oo Pm. It was 78 in the room. Turned A/C on right away. At 7 pm still same temp.. alled desk,they said wait a while . At 8pm went to desk They suggested to open the windows as it was getting cooler outside.(??) 8:30 i went to desk again then they said a room accross from us was empty they would check to see if the air would cool in that room & would get back with us. At 9:10 we sure didn't want to wait & have to move everything to another room so i called & said FORGET it. I opened the windows,left A?C set at 60 all night and it was still only 74 in the room in the morning. When i checked out i let them know i wasn't happy,to no avail; Still hot under the collar!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bedford
Holiday Inn Express Breezewood
Quality Inn Breeze Manor
Quality Inn Breeze Manor
#2 of 8 in Breezewood

Been to Quality Inn Bedford? Share your experiences!