“A must stop to and from the Springs..”

The Green Harvest Company
Ranked #18 of 49 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

I visit when staying at the Omni Bedford Springs.
Fresh food in a funky environment is rare in this part of the Alleghenies. A stroll in the small town of Bedford is worth it too. Even if you're not a vegetarian, try the Veggie Reuben !

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Bedford Springs is blessed with an abundance of great cafes for a town this size. We settled on this one for lunch in between walking from shop to shop. Torn between two sandwiches, I asked the wait staff for a recommendation. She suggested a third - The Blackberry - a roast beef sandwich on ciabatta with goat cheese and a smear of blackberry jam, served with sun chips. Surprisingly good! Also sold are Green Harvest's preserved and dried dip mixes. Original art on the walls is for sale..

Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband I stopped here on our way to Gettysburg PA. We were looking for a quaint little place to have lunch...and we found it. The menu was very varied and unusual. Tons of different additives to your coffee and very unusual combinations for sandwiches that made for interesting tastes. I would definitely recommend this place. Not far off the turnpike or on business 30.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

The staff was great and the food was fresh and good. I liked the tuna melt. Great place for vegetarians.

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Looked promising, but turned out blah. Not bad, just not blah. I ordered French Onion Soup. Watery, with soggy slice of bread and grated mozzarella. Not bad, but not very flavorful. I had chicken artichoke salad...sounded intriguing. Tasted like any deli chicken salad you've ever had...I couldn't swear there was an artichoke in the mix, if there was I certainly couldn't taste it. Husband ordered a roast beef sandwich with horseradish sauce. Hard to recommend, seemed to have come out of a supermarket vacu-sealed package...tasteless at best. Staff friendly, atmosphere friendly. Might be a better stop for coffee than for a meal.