Jean Bonnet Tavern B & B
Hotels.com
$269
$55
$55
Judy's Motel PA Dutch Heritage(Bedford)(Great Value!)
$65
All reviewsstep back in timethe french onion soupcute gift shophave eaten hereprime ribcrab cakeshistoric placelincoln highwaybed and breakfastflight memorialguest roomsnext morningearplugscocoaovernitejanetpennsylvania
Reviewed March 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed here in May of 2010 and again July on 2011. The first time it was just the two of us. The second time we brought two other friends. The first thing that impressed us was the friendliness of the owners and staff. We loved the rooms and ambience. The food in the restaurant was awsome. The breakfast was terrific too. No stale danish and coffee here. A full breakfast that was hot and fresh. There was absolutely nothing that we didn't like. We definately plan on staying here again and would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: All of the room are beautiful, clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kathleen F
Reviewed November 19, 2011

We stayed at the Jean Bonnet in November. We were making are way back to New Hampshire and tried a different route. The place is wonderful. From the owners to all the employees. Our room was clean and bright, the bed very comfortable. It is nice to be able to walk from your room to the restuarant or tavern. The food is outstanding. We plan to make this a regular stop going through PA.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank janimal1
Reviewed October 20, 2011

We stayed last weekend, and loved it.
Great old building, and our room (3) was spotless.

We ate dinner there both days, and the food was excellent with a Chef that knows what he is doing. Nice bar too.

Although it was noisey with the traffic, we have lived by traffic for 30 years, so it was nothing new. The bar was a bit noisey on Saturday night in our room, but I carry good ear plugs, and these solved the problem.

All employees were nice.
Good stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tomjadg
Reviewed June 23, 2011

I was greeted with a smile and a warm welcome. The staff at Jean Bonnet are top notch. Very helpful and considerate. I arrived late, and the kitchen was still open. The food was fantastic, and the choice of beer's were unlimited. I was actually asked by the bar tender if I wanted a sample of the beer's before I decided which one to get.

The room was perfect, old setting but with a new twist. I enjoyed the beautiful room, but because it's on the front side, it was noisey from all the traffic on route 30. That is my only concern.

Breakfast was served on time, pancakes, bacon, and homefries, plus I asked for eggs and of course the server said no problem.

I will stay here again.

Room Tip: I was in room #4 and it was noisy, but nice.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Brandon R
jbonn, Owner at Jean Bonnet Tavern B & B, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2011

Thank you for staying with us and we are so glad that you appreciated what the historic Jean Bonnet Tavern is all about! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 20, 2010

We stopped over en route from Amish Country to Fallingwaters, and since Bedford was 1/2 way between the two, we booked at Jean Bonnett. It was a great experience to stay in such a old, restored inn. The Inn is typically a restaurant, with rooms above, so the wait staff was essentially the innkeepers. The food at the inn really was wonderful with a huge selection of beers. Breakfast was decent (though service was super slow given its a skeleton crew). The main down side though is the inn isn't close to anything -- which could be great, but it is on the side of a highway so between the traffic going by, and the garbage trucks picking up the restaurant dumpsters it was a bit loud. Compared to other places though in the area, I suspect the Jean Bonnett is one of the best!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple