“Can I give them 6 stars?”

Omni Bedford Springs Resort
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Bedford
Reviewed December 6, 2010

This is the kind of place where every time you turn around, you notice something else and say "I can't believe they thought of THAT!" Husband and I went for Thanksgiving and the whole hotel was decorated beautifully for the holidays. There was even a tree by the pool! We wondered if we would be the only young couple but there seemed to be all kinds of couples and families about. I also wondered if the atmosphere would be too uppity given the price but it felt very laid back, and the staff was so nice and attentive! Our room was in the spa wing, it was spotless and extremely comfortable. We got massages, and this was really our first time in a proper spa, so any future places we visit will have a LOT to live up to. After our terrific massages, my husband soaked a second time in the mineral baths (included in price!) and shaved, while I waited by the fire in the lounge with the complimentary snacks and the most luxurious tea I've ever seen. I couldn't believe they didn't shoo us out after we were done with the services we paid for. It was so relaxing we practically floated out. The staff could not have been nicer. Also be sure to sign up for the Omni rewards program before your stay. Its free and even though I had zero points, they give these customers free in-room breakfast drinks each morning you're there. Also great about this, you can get a little bagel or muffin for a few dollars. $4.50 for a bagel and hot tea delivered to your room is hard to beat. These are the little things that make the stay so great. If we had the money, we would make this an annual Thanksgiving tradition!

1  Thank ajlbb
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Bedford Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2011

We would love to take your 6th start! Thank you so much for all of your compliments. We are delighted to hear that you and your husband had such a relaxing stay with us and we hope you will be able to make it back again soon!

There are newer reviews for Omni Bedford Springs Resort

Reviewed December 2, 2010

My wife and I really enjoyed all aspects of this resort. We went there to celebrate a 50th birthday. It was decorated for Christmas with probably a thousand nutcrackers. Beautiful xmas trees and wonderful sitting areas throughout with fireplaces. We have stayed at many resorts over the years and I have to say that everyone that worked here, from the spa, restaurants, bar, valet, golf shop, to the outside fire pit with smores kits makes it five stars for me. They simply could not do enough for their guests. 5+

In addition, the location is beautiful with hiking trails and mountain views. One morning we awoke to snow flurries. The nights were cold but the sunny days were very comfortable. Even though we did not get a chance to play golf, the course looked wonderful and in great condition for December. Can't wait to come back and play it.

Thanks to the entire staff of Bedford Springs for a wonderful time!

Paul & Kim - Ellicott City, MD

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review of the Omni Bedford Springs. We are happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. It is our good fortune to have a local resident of Bedford loan us his amazing nutcracker collection to display during the holiday season and we are glad to know that you enjoyed it as much as we do. We will be sure to share your gratitude with our entire team and hope to have you return soon.

Reviewed November 30, 2010

Stayed overnight for my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary celebration!! From the food at the Crystal Room to the roaring camp fire outside to the relaxing porch or balcony to the cozy, comfortable beds... I have stayed there before and WILL definitely stay there again!!
The spa and golf course are 2nd to none!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family

We are so glad to read that you enjoyed your time at the Omni Bedford Springs for your in-law's anniversary celebration. Thank you for your glowing review and we will look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed November 28, 2010

My spouse and I met a group of friends at the resort for Thanksgiving. This is the northern most of the great springs/spa resort triangle (including the Homestead and the Greenbrier.) This is by far the closest to Washington, DC (about 2 1/2 hours without traffic.) This resort is beautiful and very well restored. It is also close to a major highway (unlike the Homestead.) Our room was spotlessly clean and well decorated. This resort is also bit less formal than the other two. The indoor pool is heated and spring fed. We did not do any spa treatments but our friends had nothing but accolades for the spa. Staff went far beyond the call of duty. I just got a new job and wanted to splurge with an in-room breakfast. The room service menu was missing from the hotel directory in the room. I thought this was removed because of the high volume of the holiday. I called room service and asked if breakfast was available. I was told it was and he asked me what I wanted. I told him we did not have a menu. He said he would have one sent up. About 40 minutes passed and we decided to go to the Crystal Room for breakfast. We were about to leave and the phone rang. The manager asked me if I got the menu. I told him we did not and that we were on our way to the dining room. He apologized and "compt" our breakfast! The only negative aspect of the resort is the food. It varied from mediocre to good - for the prices the food should be excellent. Also (as a previous review stated) beware of the cost of cocktails - about $15! We will definitely return!

• Stayed: November 2010
2  Thank dcsocialworker2016
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Bedford Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2010

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at The Omni Bedford Springs Resort on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that you and your group of friends had such an enjoyable stay but are disappointed to hear that all of your meals did not meet your expectations. We are always trying to find ways to improve our offerings and welcome any specific feedback you might have during your next stay. Thank you again for your review and we will look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed November 16, 2010

Beautiful hotel and lovely place to spend a relaxing pampered weekend. The rooms are comfortably luxurious. Special kudos to the Spa manager Linda and her staff who dealt with the challenges of an overbooked afternoon by being particularly responsive to guest concerns. They saved me from disappointment by going through piles of spa robes destined for the laundry to find my ring when I left it in the pocket of the robe I was wearing. I recommend the hotel, the spa and the best massage therapist, Jonathan.
Don't miss S'mores by the fire pit on a cool autumn evening!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank StoneAcre

Many thanks for your review! We would be happy to share your kudos with both Linda and Jonathon. We are very fortunate to have them both on property and always enjoy the opportunity to reward them for a job well done. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and we do hope you will visit again soon.

Reviewed November 15, 2010

My husband and I desperately needed some R&R, so we chose what turned out to be a low-key, warm weekend in November for our getaway. The usual resort in Virginia that we book was full, so we decided to try the Omni Bedford Springs Resort. It was nice, and our stay was enhanced by Wava, at valet parking, and a young gal with long dark hair at the reception desk! Wava did not bat an eye when we requested self-parking, which, with my car fanatic husband, was a MUST. She was kind and attentive every time we needed our car or had questions about local restaurants. I hope she gets commended for her kind service. The lady at the reception desk with long, dark hair (did not get her name) SAVED our stay from being disappointing. My husband LOVES a room with a balcony. When we checked in, the blonde receptionist told us that there were no more rooms with balconies left. Yet, just our luck, the dark haired lady standing next to her, elbowed this unwielding receptionist and showed her that there WAS still a room with a balcony available. We got it, and enjoyed it immensely, since the weekend proved warm enough to sit outside. My husband sat out there and read almost the entire day! We were SO grateful. I looked at the rooms in the Spa wing, where we were first destined to go, and was so GLAD that the dark-haired gal spoke up. Otherwise, we would have been quite disappointed and would not think of returning. A balcony is that important to us!

As it is, though, we loved the cheerfully painted room in the historic wing, with dark wood furnishings; the comfortable bed; the flat-screened TV, with in-room movies, and the luxurious bathroom, beautifully appointed. [One lamp in our room was already broken when we got there, but we did not report it. ] We had a nice "pub" type of meal at the Tavern the first night, ordered room service for breakfast the next day, and enjoyed the evening tea each night. Breakfast in the Crystal Room the last day was nice as well. The fire pit was fun, too. The retired military bellman was pleasant, & the lady at the concierge desk was extremely helpful, offering complimentary newspapers and Bedford literature. I did quite a bit of shopping in town, because of the information I received from her!

Also, I swam in the indoor pool, which was lovely. I would recommend, though, that the nearby bathrooms include at least ONE shower for showering off afterwards. A guest should not have to book the Spa, to be able to shower off after using the pool. I really would rather not drip on the floors, going back to my room OR walk in my suit cover-up all that way. Instead of the decorative shelves in those nearby bathrooms, put in a shower!

In all, this was a nice stay that we hope to repeat in the future -- thanks to the staff members who looked out for us !! We will recommend the Omni Bedford Springs Resort to our friends.

1  Thank SAVisitor

We are thankful to hear that our associates were able to enhance your stay at The Omni Bedford Springs. It will be a pleasure for us to share your kind words with Wava, Kristin (the dark haired girl at the front desk), and our other associates mentioned in your review. We do appreciate hearing all of your feedback and delighted that you and your husband enjoyed your time at our resort.

Reviewed November 10, 2010

We were looking for a nice hotel to stay in on our way back from Pittsburgh to the Washington, DC area. We've stayed in many fine hotels throughout the US and Europe and this one is in the upper tier. The hotel was originally built over 100 years ago but has been completely updated. Special kudos for having a generous number of electrical outlets in the rooms for our cell phone, Kindle and computer chargers.

There are 4 restaurants on site. We ate in three during our stay and enjoyed the food in each. The staff was top notch and very attentive. At the hotel, they have both an indoor and outdoor pool plus a hottub. There's a nice golf course and a spa too. There's also a good number of things to do offsite also. We saw plenty of hiking trails nearby and the town of Bedford is a nice place to stroll and window shop. I'm surprised I hadn't heard about this wonderful hotel before.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CorpSpy

It was our good fortune that you stumbled across our resort on your way from Pittsburgh to DC. We appreciate all of your kind words and hope you will return again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Quality Inn Bedford
Motel Town House
Motel Town House
#9 of 10 in Bedford
Holiday Inn Express Breezewood

Been to Omni Bedford Springs Resort? Share your experiences!