“Great Escape from the City”

Omni Bedford Springs Resort
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Bedford
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I would recommend Omni Bedford Springs to anyone looking for an escape. It is beautiful and the staff make the experience extra special. My wife and I went for our Baby Moon and the trip exceeded all expectations.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Norbert G
There are newer reviews for Omni Bedford Springs Resort

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Scott the Head Doorman is a loyalty ambassador like no other. Ask him for recommendation on anything in town or at the resort and you'll get a great recommendation. Good pizza? Great gelato? Best restaurant for whatever it is you are craving? The rooms are comfortable, the staff is great, and Scott is even better!

Room Tip: Are you looking for a spa or golf getaway, this is the place...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Albert P
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My fiance and I stayed over the July 4th holiday and had a great time! We did a bit of walking on the property, stayed poolside most of the day and had all of our meals on the property. The staff were so nice, from the front door greeters, to the restaurant/poolside servers. I do wish the hotel restaurant offerings were healthier and the frontier tavern bartenders a little more social (ours seemed preoccupied and our drinks were left un-filled for awhile) but the overall feel is relaxing. Loved our spa treatments and the spa lounge area! They even provided a very nice fireworks display on the grounds July 5th so we didn't feel like we missed out. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wade000
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My wife and I are frequent travelers that have greatly enjoyed similar luxury mountain resorts like The Greenbrier and The Homestead. We found our stay at the Omni Bedford Springs Resort exceeded these other destination resorts on several fronts.

1. The resort is in pristine condition. The $120 million renovation a few years back has held up nicely. Everything is fresh and clean: the lawns and gardens well manicured; rooms tastefully decorated; and the spa and outdoor facilities truly memorable.

2. The hotel staff is on top of their game. We found the staff welcoming, courteous and generally interested in us having a great time at the property. Everyone was helpful from the valet attendants, to the doormen, to the front desk clerks, to the maids and restaurant servers.

3. The Old Course is a true gem to play. My wife and I got out onto the course a couple of times during our stay. The course was in beautiful condition and the scenery was amazing. One of the prettiest courses that we've ever played.

4. A relatively easy trip by car. We live in Delaware and found the 3+ hours to get to the resort straightforward. The drive to the other abovementioned resorts seemed like it took forever and a day to make the trip. Plus, it was a combination of scenic country roads and easy highway driving through the Alleghany Mountains.

5. The big front porch outside our guest room. We stayed in the Anderson building, one of the oldest parts of the resort. While the building was over 150 years old, our room was definitely twenty first century in amenities and up-to-date styling. But the best part was the big wide porch with its two white rocking chairs outside our room. We enjoyed our morning coffee there and sipped wine at night enjoying the beautiful views.

6. The Many Resort Options. My wife and I took full advantage of the Old Course (golf), the mountain hiking trails, the outdoor and indoor pools, the spa (her only) and the restaurants on the property. All in all, plenty of things to do and a first class experience overall.

Room Tip: The large porch in the Anderson Building was an added bonus to enjoy.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Joe A
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I was most impressed with the décor, from the carpet to the wall colors. It is beautifully updated and modern without taking away the history and charm of the resort.

The food was good. Their buffet catered to gluten free which I was impressed by. I enjoyed get a smores kit from the tavern bar and sitting around the fire.

Would probably visit again even though it is pricey.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank JanaeV
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Everything about my stay was wonderful! The room was beautiful, the food was excellent, service was prompt, all staff professional, friendly and helpful. I enjoyed the indoor pool, hiking the trails, shopping in town and visiting the local historical sites. I look forward to this experience every year!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Anne P
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The hotel is lovely, but the rooms that share a wall with the elevator need to be turned into multi-purpose rooms. My room shared a wall with the elevator and people waited for the elevator directly in front of my door. The noise was terrible, went late into the night and started early in the morning. For the exorbitant price, a guest should at least be able to sleep. As if the elevator wasn't enough, my room also had a pass-through door to another room, another source of noise - it was like they were in my room. When I complained, the desk clerk said she would tell her manager and I never heard a word.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Andria S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bedford
Motel Town House
Motel Town House
#9 of 10 in Bedford
Holiday Inn Express Breezewood

Been to Omni Bedford Springs Resort? Share your experiences!