“Perfect anniversary”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Bedford
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Perfect anniversary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I recently spent three nights at this beautiful hotel. The staff was wonderful. Everyone was friendly and helpful. We had phenomenal service from the front desk, valet (Scott), and especially the bellhops (one being John who was extremely nice). The food was great at the tavern and 1796. Although the seating is a bit strange at both places. At the steakhouse we sat on a love seat that was facing a table full of people and we just felt awkward, plus the waitstaff was overwhelmed. But that is the only minor complaint I have, which should not deter anyone from dining there as we could of spoke up and asked for another table. I really loved the room absolutely amazing bathroom and very comfortable bed. We stayed in one of premier spa rooms overlooking the resort. The pool is very nice although we did not get a chance to use it. It was very cold when we visited and just did not seem to be swimming weather even though it is indoors. Overall our experience was perfect the staff and hotel went above and beyond to make our stay wonderful. I have recommended the hotel to friends and hope to get to come back again. It makes me want to just stay at omni hotels everywhere we go.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kate M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
harleysville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

This hotel provided a wonderful, relaxing, historical experience. With historically appropriate flooring, furniture, and decor, the hotel provided a tranquil atmosphere with a spa and wonderful restaurants. The location is a bit isolated, but if you're looking for a getaway, this is it. The hotel offers a wonderful historic walking tour where you can learn so much about the property. Would recommend more for couples/family than business.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Julie G
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

Great place to stay. Employee's are all welcoming and helpful. Rich tradition at the hotel that shows thru with all you interact with. Food was exceptional. My wife and I are already planning when we are heading back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank JohnnyDJ18
Belle Mead, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

This is the cleanest hotel we have ever stayed in. Exceptionally friendly and accommodating staff. Meals and service were top notch. It's a resort with a lot of historic significance and the buildings have been beautifully restored. Loved our stay here and we plan to be back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Sewickley, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

My first visit was marred by both service and food. At the Crystal dining room both my dinner and my friends arrived cold. The staff were informed and the only offer they made was to reheat the food, but who does this in a so called 4 star restaurant. The food returned inedible. Note the food prices are not cheap. On returning home I called the hotel and complained about the service. In return they offered a free dinner for two but no allowance on room charges. Since I had a birthday coming up I decided to return to check out if this was a single poor incident. Not so! First my room was charged at a higher rate than reserved which took two stressful visits with the front desk to get the error corrected. Dinner in the 1776 restaurant ( high prices ) for my birthday was a disaster. My $40.00 steak was ordered medium rare and arrived rare. The staff once again offered to 'reheat' the steak ( this is not expected in a 4 star restaurant). I declined and passed on the entrée and ordered a cappuccino ( priced $8.00 ) which arrived cold. So by this time I could not get out fast enough. Cocktails are expensive $12 and up, beer $6.00 and up. Afternoon tea had no server, no cups, limited tea selection and no accompanying cookies or scones. Visitors were complaining that the outdoor pool was not clean. Finally, I am shocked a 'resort fee' of $25.00/day is charged in addition to the room charge. It appears that the hotel feel they have a captive audience and can maximize their prices to the limit and above especially for poorly prepared food and unprofessional ( untrained/inexperienced ) servers and service. I made a mistake in returning for a second time and being treated equally as badly as the first visit which in turn lead to a most unpleasant and stressful experience.
Dr. J

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank 007ji
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Bedford Springs Resort, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
I sincerely thank you for sharing your concerns regarding your visits with us last summer. From your several communications with us since that time, I realize that this weighs heavily upon your mind and I truly regret that this continues to trouble you. Once again, I would like to extend our most sincere apologies that the quality of our service did not meet with your expectations. I am hopeful that we can change your opinion of our property should you decide to visit with us again in the future.
Pittsburgh, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

Staff was amazing. Nice weekend getaway. No complaints on the service at all. My only complaint is the walk to the room was long and the air in the room was loud. But very cozy and quant. I have already recommended this location to a few friends for a nice weekend getaway.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Renee R
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

Bedford Inn is a beautiful historic hotel. I arranged a weekend getaway for my daughters and their families which included spouses and six children. A primary focus for the adults was the spa and we all enjoyed a massage and the Bedford Spa Ritual. The children ranged from five to ten and I was not sure if they would be entertained. They all asked when we could return. The swimming pool was a big hit as well as puzzles in the lobby. A children's play room provided some hours of amusement and they liked exploring (with an adult, indoors due to cold and snow). I would do the trip again so that we could explore some springs and outdoor activities. Historic tour of hotel was very informative. Hotel could provide some brochures on the history of the hotel in the rooms as we did tour on last day and would have explored some other locations if we had more background.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Paula7579
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bedford
Holiday Inn Express Breezewood
Motel Town House
Motel Town House
#8 of 10 in Bedford

Been to Omni Bedford Springs Resort? Share your experiences!