“awesome time with sisters” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Omni Bedford Springs Resort

Omni Bedford Springs Resort
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Bedford
pa
“awesome time with sisters”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

What a wonderful place to celebrate or just get away. My sisters and I celebrated a birthday, a new career and a promotion at the Bedford..the room, food and atmosphere was top notch! We else can you walk around in fluffy white robes while drinking wine!!!??

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
Sewickley, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

I've stayed at the hotel on a half dozen occasions over the past several years, and was there most recently today for a client meeting. The hotel itself has been an institution in Bedford for a couple of centuries, in one form or another, and its restoration during the past decade was superbly done. Guest rooms are comfortable and well-appointed, meeting rooms are likewise nicely done, and the spa and related facilities are first rate. What makes the place different from institutions like the Greenbrier and the Homestead is its utter lack of pretentiousness. The staff are helpful and friendly but not in the least bit obsequious, and the atmosphere is best described as, "relax, enjoy, do as you please, and if we can help, just ask." The food is very good, and there is a selection of formats from outdoor to pub to nice dining room to private dining room; they are also quite good about indulging special requests. The lobster Mac 'n Cheese is to die for; it may be the trendy comfort food of the decade but their version is better than any I've had elsewhere. From personal experience I can recommend the place for group meetings: they handle them well, and the group rates are competitive for what you're getting. I don't play golf, but friends who do rave about the course.

Room Tip: The hotel has three sections along a plane. The oldest section is on the right, the section on the l...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
South Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I traveled to Bedford Springs without know much about the resort -- I just knew that I wanted to go somewhere peaceful and relaxing - and it was PERFECT! I got a massage in the BEAUTIFUL spa and we also spent some time at the indoor pool - which is one of the nicest I've ever seen. The grounds are gorgeous and we even went on a short hike - they have several trails available.

I also loved how there were so many places to sit and relax - the fireplaces in the parlor are picturesque. And above all, the staff is friendly, courteous and went above and beyond to make sure we were happy. I'm already planning a trip back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank katie117
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

This was our last stop on a cross country trip. I wanted to go out with a bang and I succeeded. The grounds and building are world class. Service was impeccable. The food was spectacular. My wife is already planning a trip back.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank BJ G
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Bedford Springs Resort, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
We are thrilled that we succeeded in ending your cross country adventure with a bang. Thank you for all of your complimentary words and we look forward to your next visit!
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

We had a two day stay in February on a Sunday and Monday night. The resort is beautifully and tastefully renovated, unlike the garish Nemacolin Resort. All the staff were friendly and polite. Our room in the old section was lovely and comfortable. I had the best massage I've ever had by Jenna. The food was a bit of a disappointment, overpriced for rather ordinary things. For example, there were entrees in the Frontier Lounge that were supposedly the result of a super chef contest. I had the lamb tostada for lunch, which was edible, but topped by pre-grated supermarket cheese! I don't serve that in my own house on a weeknight! There were a couple of other odd things you don't expect in a resort of this quality. Our bathmat was frayed and falling apart. Omni, throw that baby away! Also, on the day prior to our second of the 2 night stay, our room was not made up until I had asked about it twice. The (polite) woman at the desk seemed baffled by my query about when the rooms are made up, asking if it was turn down service we wanted. It was not, we just wanted the ordinary room make up you get in any hotel at any price point. Odd.
But, over all we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank phalen19
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Bedford Springs Resort, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our resort but regret that there were a few places where we missed the mark. We will be sure to share your dining comments with our chef and your comments regarding Housekeeping with the department head. As evidence by our reviews, we are known for our attention to detail and apologize that this was not evident during your stay. We hope that the future will bring us an opportunity to provide you with a stay that meets your standards and our own.
Enola, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Beautiful, immaculate setting, warm and friendly service, delicious food, gorgeous indoor heated pool, luxurious spa. Bedford Springs is a quaint, small town with some wonderful shopping, and is a five minute ride from the hotel. Once you visit the hotel, you will not want to leave. The service is outstanding. We visited before Christmas when the hotel was decorated and just beautiful. The guided tours are informative and interesting. The employees go the extra mile to make sure your stay is pleasant. It's an easy drive on the PA Turnpike. We look forward to returning.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very nice. The Spa wing has lovely rooms. It's exceptionally nice to stay in a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chum14
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Bedford Springs Resort, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for reviewing the Omni Bedford Springs on TripAdvisor. We appreciate all of your complimentary comments and look forward to your return!
Ephrata
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My sisters and I had a wonder couple of days at Omni Bedford Spring Resort. The employees were caring and warm and took care of my every need. I enjoyed being with my sisters enjoying the relaxed atmosphere you gave us. Getting on the road to the resort and seeing how beautiful the place is as we came around the bend, it took my breath away. There is so much to do. We were a little disappointment the weather wasn't nicer, but it kept us inside to see all they had for us to do. thank you

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It was a pleasure for us to read that you and your sisters enjoyed your getaway to the Omni Bedford Springs. Thank you for writing a review and we hope for a future opportunity to welcome you back!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Quality Inn Bedford
Holiday Inn Express Breezewood
Super 8 Bedford
Super 8 Bedford
#7 of 10 in Bedford

Been to Omni Bedford Springs Resort? Share your experiences!