“Romantic get-away”

Omni Bedford Springs Resort
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Bedford
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Went to Bedford Springs to celebrate our 25th anniversary. Following our arrival, we were upgraded to a better room which was available after a brief wait. Began the afternoon with lunch at the resort (wonderful), followed by a vigorous hike on a well maintained trail. The remainder of the afternoon was spent relaxing and having a glass of wine. Dinner was romantic at the resort. The waiter was attentive and the food was excellent. In the morning, we did another hike followed by brunch.
Overall, the experience was wonderful. The hotel was well maintained and the service fantastic. Although I did not play golf or mountain bike, these activites will be included when I return in the spring.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lax1Pittsburgh
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Bedford Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

We are delighted that you chose to spend such a special anniversary at the Omni Bedford Springs. Thank you for sharing your complimentary words regarding our trails, your meals, and your overall experience at the resort. We look forward to welcoming you back so you can enjoy even more that we have to offer!

There are newer reviews for Omni Bedford Springs Resort

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We have just returned from our second visit to thus lovely place. We love it for it's golf course, for it's spa, for it's "kitchen" activities, for it's appreciation of history and so much more! Go there, stay in the spa wing rooms if possible, take the history walking tour, eat in the kitchen during either the cooking lesson or the special kitchen galley dinner, hike on their trails and is yes, don't miss having a treatment in the spa! Even with all of the activities available, it still is a relaxing destination! You'll never have to get in your car, unless of course you want to explore the charming town of Bedford or some of the other nearby attractions. It is a perfect get away destination!

Room Tip: Lots of choices and variety. We like the newer spa wing rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

It was a pleasure for us to read what made your experiences at the Omni Bedford Springs so enjoyable and relaxing. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we hope you will return soon!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I just returned from a weekend of pure bliss at Bedford Springs. I felt as though I stepped back into a more gentile time. The room was beautifully appointed, and the restaurants all very good. What I must share is the spa experience! Whatever pampering you schedule, you MUST make sure that you allow yourself an extra hour beforehand to have the "mineral bath experience"! You will enter, a soul fouled with the worries and stresses of everyday life, and will walk into a shower with multiple showerheads, scrub yourself soft with an exfoliating sugar rub, step into a lavender-infused sauna where you will sweat away any residual worries from real life. Then you will float to soak a totally clean, soft, and relaxed new person in the wonderful mineral waters both cool and then warm, respectively. Your new and improved self will then wrap in a lovely spa robe, and relax with some fruit and tea on a wonderful chaise and peruse a favorite magazine or merely close your eyes to await your attendant to usher you to your chosen service. I chose an 80 minute massage, and I swear, Croix had the hands of a God. My only complaint was that somehow within this surreal experience the hands of time speed up, and it is all over way too soon!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ali3pt14

Thank you for your glowing review of the Omni Bedford Springs and especially your spa experience. We may have to have you to start writing marketing collateral! It was our pleasure to provide you with a break from the stresses of everyday life and we look forward to a future opportunity to help you get away from it all!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Wow, what an experience. From arrival to departure, perfect in every sense. The most comfortable hotel bed I've slept in (and I'm very, very picky!). This was a "girl's weekend" and the Spa was absolutely amazing (thanks Johnathon!!). Although we had made dinner reservations for the Crystal Room, we loved the Frontier Tavern so much that we canceled our reservations and went back for the lobster mac 'n cheese which was amazing. Had plans to visit the local winery and shops. Never happened because we simply did not want to leave the hotel. Great shops, so many beautiful furnishings and photos, lovely fireplaces....no need to leave! I can truly say if I only vacationed at this resort and nowhere else, I would be in heaven!!

Room Tip: Request a front room with balcony, worth the upgrade and will be sure to do next time.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank muffinandsook

We were thrilled to read that you enjoyed your time at the Omni Bedford Springs so much that you couldn't bring yourself to leave! Thank you for choosing us for your girls' getaway and we look forward to a future opportunity to welcome you back!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary for the weekend. Got there Friday around 3:00 and departed Sunday around noon. I kept looking to find something slightly off - nothing. The food was great and the rooms were cozy. Also very quiet. The place was awesome and the staff was great.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for celebrating your anniversary weekend at the Omni Bedford Springs. We are glad we could provide you with a flawless experience and hope you will return soon!

Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

What a wonderful experience. the amazing historical artifacts made the property feel like I was living in a museum. The roaring fire was the perfect gathering spot for networking or winding down at the end of day with a glass of wine. Bonus, the leaves were showing peak colors of fall.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for sharing your appreciation for our history and our resort on TripAdvisor. We are glad you had a great stay and we hope you will return again soon!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I took three-days of "R & R" and decided to spend them at the Omni Bedford Springs Resort. The combination of a historic property plus the Omni standard of care and comfort were what attracted me. I took advantage of a special offer from the hotel website to book 2 mid-week nights and get a third night thrown in for the same price. I'm very happy with my decision.

I was given a king-bed room in the "historic" part of the hotel, with porch, that overlooked the front of the resort. While the room was not overly large, it was comfortable and clean and very well appointed with bed, mirror, chair and bureau that all evoked a 19th century "feel." The bathroom was spacious and beautiful, with marble and wood, and gave one the impression of being part of the natural springs spa that the property is famous for.

As part of Omni's loyalty program, I was offered a complimentary morning beverage each of the three mornings I was there. This is a nice touch, because even though the room came equipped with a mini coffee maker, it was much nicer to get "real" coffee with "real" milk delivered to the room with the morning paper. The room came equipped with a mini fridge, so I went out and bought myself fruit and yogurt and granola bars for breakfast with my complimentary coffee.

One very nice touch was that the hotel provides free bottles of the filtered local spring water and replaces them as often as you drink them. Maid service was very attentive, both in the morning, and for the "turn down" service in the evening.

The bed was very comfortable: the mattress and boxspring were nice and firm, and then topped with a "featherbed" that made it both comfortable and supportive. I also appreciated the fact that the room was very dark when the shades and blackout curtains were drawn and the bathroom doors closed.

I ate in the Frontier Taven (bar/pub) both my first night and my last night. It was perfectly serviceable, with a good local seasonal beer (Yuengling Oktoberfest) on tap.

Room Tip: I'd liked my room in the historic, older part of the hotel. It had a lot of charm. I understan...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Brian M

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Omni Bedford Springs on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that you had a great stay and hope you will return soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Quality Inn Bedford
Motel Town House
Motel Town House
#9 of 10 in Bedford
Holiday Inn Express Breezewood

Been to Omni Bedford Springs Resort? Share your experiences!