“serenAHty”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Bedford
Peter's Twp. PA
“serenAHty”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I just returned from a weekend of pure bliss at Bedford Springs. I felt as though I stepped back into a more gentile time. The room was beautifully appointed, and the restaurants all very good. What I must share is the spa experience! Whatever pampering you schedule, you MUST make sure that you allow yourself an extra hour beforehand to have the "mineral bath experience"! You will enter, a soul fouled with the worries and stresses of everyday life, and will walk into a shower with multiple showerheads, scrub yourself soft with an exfoliating sugar rub, step into a lavender-infused sauna where you will sweat away any residual worries from real life. Then you will float to soak a totally clean, soft, and relaxed new person in the wonderful mineral waters both cool and then warm, respectively. Your new and improved self will then wrap in a lovely spa robe, and relax with some fruit and tea on a wonderful chaise and peruse a favorite magazine or merely close your eyes to await your attendant to usher you to your chosen service. I chose an 80 minute massage, and I swear, Croix had the hands of a God. My only complaint was that somehow within this surreal experience the hands of time speed up, and it is all over way too soon!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ali3pt14
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Bedford Springs Resort, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your glowing review of the Omni Bedford Springs and especially your spa experience. We may have to have you to start writing marketing collateral! It was our pleasure to provide you with a break from the stresses of everyday life and we look forward to a future opportunity to help you get away from it all!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (540)
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Wow, what an experience. From arrival to departure, perfect in every sense. The most comfortable hotel bed I've slept in (and I'm very, very picky!). This was a "girl's weekend" and the Spa was absolutely amazing (thanks Johnathon!!). Although we had made dinner reservations for the Crystal Room, we loved the Frontier Tavern so much that we canceled our reservations and went back for the lobster mac 'n cheese which was amazing. Had plans to visit the local winery and shops. Never happened because we simply did not want to leave the hotel. Great shops, so many beautiful furnishings and photos, lovely fireplaces....no need to leave! I can truly say if I only vacationed at this resort and nowhere else, I would be in heaven!!

Room Tip: Request a front room with balcony, worth the upgrade and will be sure to do next time.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank muffinandsook
We were thrilled to read that you enjoyed your time at the Omni Bedford Springs so much that you couldn't bring yourself to leave! Thank you for choosing us for your girls' getaway and we look forward to a future opportunity to welcome you back!
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary for the weekend. Got there Friday around 3:00 and departed Sunday around noon. I kept looking to find something slightly off - nothing. The food was great and the rooms were cozy. Also very quiet. The place was awesome and the staff was great.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for celebrating your anniversary weekend at the Omni Bedford Springs. We are glad we could provide you with a flawless experience and hope you will return soon!
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

What a wonderful experience. the amazing historical artifacts made the property feel like I was living in a museum. The roaring fire was the perfect gathering spot for networking or winding down at the end of day with a glass of wine. Bonus, the leaves were showing peak colors of fall.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for sharing your appreciation for our history and our resort on TripAdvisor. We are glad you had a great stay and we hope you will return again soon!
Hanover, New Hampshire
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I took three-days of "R & R" and decided to spend them at the Omni Bedford Springs Resort. The combination of a historic property plus the Omni standard of care and comfort were what attracted me. I took advantage of a special offer from the hotel website to book 2 mid-week nights and get a third night thrown in for the same price. I'm very happy with my decision.

I was given a king-bed room in the "historic" part of the hotel, with porch, that overlooked the front of the resort. While the room was not overly large, it was comfortable and clean and very well appointed with bed, mirror, chair and bureau that all evoked a 19th century "feel." The bathroom was spacious and beautiful, with marble and wood, and gave one the impression of being part of the natural springs spa that the property is famous for.

As part of Omni's loyalty program, I was offered a complimentary morning beverage each of the three mornings I was there. This is a nice touch, because even though the room came equipped with a mini coffee maker, it was much nicer to get "real" coffee with "real" milk delivered to the room with the morning paper. The room came equipped with a mini fridge, so I went out and bought myself fruit and yogurt and granola bars for breakfast with my complimentary coffee.

One very nice touch was that the hotel provides free bottles of the filtered local spring water and replaces them as often as you drink them. Maid service was very attentive, both in the morning, and for the "turn down" service in the evening.

The bed was very comfortable: the mattress and boxspring were nice and firm, and then topped with a "featherbed" that made it both comfortable and supportive. I also appreciated the fact that the room was very dark when the shades and blackout curtains were drawn and the bathroom doors closed.

I ate in the Frontier Taven (bar/pub) both my first night and my last night. It was perfectly serviceable, with a good local seasonal beer (Yuengling Oktoberfest) on tap.

Room Tip: I'd liked my room in the historic, older part of the hotel. It had a lot of charm. I understan...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Brian M
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Omni Bedford Springs on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that you had a great stay and hope you will return soon!
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I had heard that the golf course was rated one of the best public courses in PA and that the hotel had undergone a complete renovation. So, when I saw the Groupon we made reservations for mid-October before the weather turned too cold to play golf. We ended up with exceptionally nice weather! The course is in great condition....although it was on the high side in greens fees. The hotel and staff were lovely and gracious. There is a complimentary tour every day at 10:00 for a tour of the hotel and its history and it is well worth your time. The gal who runs it is also one of the concierges. We arrived after a 3 hour ride, settled in and ate lunch at the tavern. We then hiked one of the trails directly across the street...they have a few loops with different levels of exertions and length which are very well marked. We love hiking and enjoyed our trail. Afterwards, we had a couples massage which was great! One of the downsides was dinner at the tavern again that evening....the onion soup is terrible! Just a piece of swiss cheese laying across a gloppy onion mixture. Ugh! We should have driven in town to eat. The crystal room was closed for dinner so we had few options. We did dine in the 1796 room the next evening and the food and service was wonderful. We brought our own bottle of wine and paid the corkage fee as the wine by the glass is pricey for the quality. I loved sitting on the verandah overlooking the mountains and rocking in my chair reading a book. Beautiful fall leaves! The pictures and history are enjoyable to spend a few minutes here and there to view. Overall, a lovely getaway. They did a tremendous job bringing it back to life. We stayed in the historic part of the building and found the room lovely and convenient. I did hear the spa rooms were nice also. We did do the obligatory dip into the mineral pool. If you didn't know better, you would have thought cocoon was filmed in the room!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate the opportunity to read about your getaway to the Omni Bedford Springs. Thank you for sharing all of your feedback and we will be sure to pass your comments regarding the soup on to our Chef. We are glad that you otherwise had an enjoyable experience and we hope you will return soon.
Pittsburgh
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This was our first visit to this resort. It was really wonderful. Everyone from the doorman to the concierge to reception was friendly and helpful. Most of the resort consists of very old buildings that were completely refurbished in the mid-2000s. There is one new building, which I did not visit. The old parts are charming. We arrived on a Thursday, when the hotel was not bustling. Every staff member we ran into was helpful and friendly. Many struck up conversations with us in the public rooms, asking if we were enjoying ourselves and assuring us that they were there to help. We dined in the Crystal Room, which was excellent if a tad pricey. We also had a meal in the Tavern, which I would call very good bar food. The town of Bedford takes a real pride in the place. When we talked to clerks in shops and they found out where we were staying, they mentioned how great it was that the place was back in business (it was closed for quite a while after a flood in the '80s).
Our room was quite nice, well equipped, with a comfortable king sized bed. A porch ran along in front of our room with big old wood rocking chairs and a great view of the front line and the fire pit. Plumbing and electrical seemed to be in very good shape. We heard no noise from outside our room, even when there were groups around the fire pit and a reception there.
We were there for a relative's wedding. The hotel did an outstanding job with the wedding, the reception and the dinner.
Our only quibble was with the valet parking. You need to allow at least 10 to 15 minutes to retrieve your car if they are at all busy, which they often are. There is no convenient self parking.

Room Tip: If you like old charm, ask to be in one of the old buildings. We took a paid upgrade for the room i...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and your relative's wedding at the Omni Bedford Springs. Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. We hope you will stay with us again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Quality Inn Bedford
#6 of 10 in Bedford
Best Western Plaza Inn
Best Western Plaza Inn
#4 of 8 in Breezewood

Been to Omni Bedford Springs Resort? Share your experiences!