“Horror”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Bedford
North Fort Myers, Florida
“Horror”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed at this hotel during a pa. color tour on 10-8-2012 All i can say is please don't stay here if you value your health.We stayed in room 117 above the office. Our room had bed bugs. The owner wouldn't even refund our money. He said his hotel didn't have bed bugs. We spent half a day at a hospital in Harrisburg getting treated for our bites.I contacted Budget Host Inn corp. office, and they said sorry that happened, but they said they have a policy not to refund money under any conditions.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Phillip M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 25, 2012

As soon as we walked in we noticed stains on the carpet and the lamp shade was hanging on the lamp.
The sheets, pillowcases, comforters and pillows were stained. Mattress was hard as a rock with no padding, nor had it been replaced since 1985.
The bathroom door had a huge hole punched into it. The bathroom floor was dirty and there was a huge moth flying around inside. Shower did not drain as it was so clogged. Window inside shower with no curtain covering it! There was a bottle opener screwed into the wall in the bathroom?
Continental breakfast was Fruit Loops, Cheerios, bagels or english muffins. Cream cheese was in a large tub that was warm.
The pool outside was half full and green with four large barrels floating around it. It was August and the pool wasn't even open?
I am used to checking out of hotels, when I went to do this no one was at the front desk. A note placed by a button read, "Push button to ring bell if desk is unattended." I pushed the button four times over a five-minute span. I started to write a note on a piece of paper laying on the desk that said, "I am checking out of my room. I rang the bell four times and no one came."
Finally, out of a back room came an older woman. I started to fold my note up and she told me she needed the paper I wrote on and that I couldn't keep it. I gave it to her and told her I didn't care because I didn't need it. She proceeded to read it and then looked at me and said, "Well I'm here now. Here I am." I asked her what I needed to do, if anything to check out. She said, "nothing." I just turned and walked out.
Seriously, spend the extra money and stay at Marriott or Hampton Inn. Or your car, even if it's a compact car.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Alysia W

Travelers are raving about these Bedford hotels

Claysburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I have been in alot of hotels in my life
(I travel for work) this is by far the the worst one ever. Stains on the carpet, went in bathroom and someone's dirty underwear hanging on back of door, cigarette burns on sheets. .room description says balcony??? Where??? and no wifi like description says....I am glad I left what a crap hole!

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank maverick3518
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed April 8, 2012

After driving 700miles we pulled into Bedford to get some zzz's.. I check with another motel in teh area and they wanted $90 for the night. I drove across the street to Budget and checked in for $54. All I needed was a bed, shower, and internet and all worked very well. This is a older hotel and its a little run down but my room was clean the bed was and sheets where clean and for what I needed it was fine. The people where very nice even when I woke them up again for extra pillows. If you are expecting the Ritz or the Holiday Inn well keep moving on down the road. You get what you pay for here.. I would stay again if I just needed.. There is a Mc D's and other places to eat with in walking distance.

Room Tip: We stayed in 134 and it was ok..
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed September 17, 2011

We used a coupon from one of those you find along the interstates. I should have guessed it would be awful for $39.00....The ad said there were refrigerators and micros in every room. The first room they gave us did NOT have either one. We tried to call the desk from the room but that was out of order. We went back to the office and handed the key back and said "We need a room with a refrig. and micro. so they gave us another key. That room did NOT have any in them either. It was hard to believe. We called from the phone and the manager came carrying a small little refrig. and set it down. The look he gave us was not a friendly one. Then he came with the mircowave and plugged both units in and left. After about 2 hrs.I checked to make sure the refrigerator was getting cold because I had food in there that could spoil. No luck. It was not even a little cool. We were so tired and disgusted with the place that we filled plastic zip locked bags with their ice cubes and put them in the refrigerator, waste basket etc. so we could keep our foods cold overnight.
The carpet was patched, things were dusty, The only good thing I was able to have internet connection from the room. i would never, ever stay here again. I think the owners were not very gratious and had an attitude problem. I'd rather pay double somewhere else next time!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Trudy M
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed July 6, 2011

No, it wasn't a nightmare at all; in fact, everything was in complete working condition, although it was a bit run-down. Perhaps they have cleaned up a bit from the previous reviews; my bed was clean, and the room in general was clean. The wi-fi worked well, and got a good night's sleep without any problems. For a Friday night, I got a rate of $45, which I thought was a good deal. Ice machine worked well, too.

Definitely no frills, but I was generally happy with the room- no major complaints.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank htomc42
Yukon
Reviewed May 27, 2009

This is by far the dirtiest most disgusting hotel I ever been to. The owners are rude and you cant even understand them. Plastic on the windows a built in window where the air conditioner is with the window sill still on the wall. Rusty bathtub. No shampoo or soap.
Sheets were never washed and stained. Huge moths in the room. Need I say more.
Just don't stay here. I even payed extra to get out.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple