“good overnight stop”

Judy's Motel PA Dutch Heritage
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Bedford
Reviewed May 11, 2014

As mentioned in several other reviews, this is a no-frills old-school park-at-your-door motel. Very clean, well kept, a bit worn, but the mattress was new. Wi-fi was available. Friendly, helpful owner is actively involved and takes good care of the property. Safe, convenient, quiet, and the rates are very reasonable if you are simply looking for a stop for the night. It's a good value, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again if I'm stopping in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank LPBH01
There are newer reviews for Judy's Motel PA Dutch Heritage

Reviewed November 13, 2013

This is a return stay for us. We remembered the cleanliness and the friendliness of the place. It is an old motel so don't expect The Ritz but it is American-owned by some very nice people - Judy and her husband. They had the heat on when we arrived so the room was nice and toasty.

Room Tip: Our room was very nice as I imagine they all are.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank KnittingNut53110
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We stayed at Judy's about 10 times in the past year, and we'll keep coming back. It's clean.Quiet. Close to everything. It's a trip back in time, very fitting the area. The proprietors are terrific. The decision to come here is more than economic, although the value is right on. It's the experience of staying in an old road (old Route 220 & Lincoln Highway) motel in a town that reminds you of that in the movie Brigadoon. /Jim and Della McClure

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank JimMcClure
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Great, reliable, clean, quiet place to stay on my drives between Cleveland and Washington, D.C. Fast checkin, marked parking spaces means you're RIGHT in front of your door (this is a Route 66-style motel), clean, very quiet, I slept like a baby. And all for under $50 including tax. Fantastic host. Excellent bargain for travelers.
We were in room 10 - 2 double beds. 150 channels, TV guide is on channel 7.
1.2 miles east of the exit off the interstate.

Room Tip: Can't find anything wrong with room 10.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank EasyGoingTraveling
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We stayed here in 2009 and had no hesitation in returning this year on our way from New York to Indianapolis and then on the way back. The rooms are basic but comfortable and clean. In fact we spent two nights on our way home as we wanted to see a bit more of Bedford. On our return home to England we got our credit card bill and were stunned to see what amazing value Judy's motel is. On this trip we had had a bad experience in a motel which was not in Bedford(it was so disgusting that we asked for our money back) I suppose that is why people use chain motels/hotels. It is good to know that there are places like Judys around. Having free Internet was another bonus as was a friendly owner

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Judy's was recommended to me while traveling through the area. I met the owner, Bill, upon my arrival who checked me in and showed me the room. Small, but clean and very affordable. Most of the customers are return guests at this small motel, which is a good sign.

The room had two double beds, a desk with the TV and the other usual furniture. The decor and carpet are outdated, but for me, it was clean and inexpensive for the last leg of my travels.

The owner provided a towel to clean and wipe down my motorcycle, as well as allowing me to park under a covered area next to his home. Also he had no problem with me plugging in my battery tender keep the battery fully charged.

Within a mile or two of restaurants and the entrance to the toll road and/or interstate.

When passing through, I would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank hdslam
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband and I found ourselves in the Bedford area again last weekend, so decided to give Judys another go. I think this place is frozen in time, quite literally everything was the same exact as the last time we stayed (quite literally, I think the owner only wears logo shirts). But it is nice to see a family owned establishment in America that's still, you know, run by actual Americans. It's no frills, but what can you really expect for $50ish (after tax) a night? The room is clean/quiet, you can park right in front of the room, the internet is free (which you don't typically ever find these days). And the recommendations from the owners on local food and entertainment are priceless!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple