“A Sweet Surprise!”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Bedford
Worthington, PA
“A Sweet Surprise!”
Reviewed August 20, 2008

This delightful motel took us back to the 50's in a wonderful way. Very clean; cared for with tender loving care; attentive and personable owners. The price was unbelievably reasonable. We will stay again if in the area.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 13, 2008

Just a short distance off the pa.turnpike. Away from the heavy congestion and truck traffic of cities like nearby breezwood.

I had read the previous reviews, and this is why I picked judy's. I wasn't disappointed. what the other reviewers have said, was RIGHT ON
first of all, very clean...
stayed at judy's for 2 days on my way into nyc.<4.5 hours to nyc from bedford> visited the site of United light 93 Memorial, about 35 miles away, near shanksville, and also did a bicycle ride on the bike trail at breezewood. <there are places to ride on back roads a very short distance from judy's>see bedford chamber of commerce

What I enjoyed the most about judy's, was that they have benches outside each unit, and I would come out of my room and sit and read.... I was not the only one doing this... it seems to be one of the thing that people do when they stay at judy's.. < better to be outside than sitting in a motel and looking at the four walls...>
THE PLACE IS FOLKSY !
The people that I talked to were also staying for a couple of days too... so we compared notes on what they were doing and what I was doing..
I had lots of stuff that I was traveling with<seven big totes of my son's ole baseball cards, finally I was getting them out of my basement after 10 years> and I wanted to repack my car... well, the guy in the next room saw what I was doing and came over and actually took charge of the repacking...
When the owner saw that we were "sitting out", he came over and shot the breeze with people....>not many places left in the states like judy's that I have come across... >
Have well maintained flowers gardens and planters all over the place..
Had restaurants both chain, and ones that the locals go within easy driving distance...1 mile< so it was take your pick, chain or local ,,,, I chose the ones that the locals go to.. very good food and reasonable prices. Also major grocery store very close by.
And for those of you with a SWEET TOOTH.. a ice cream stand, just down the road....After all when one is on vacation one needs to treat themselves.....

bottom line... excellent location off the turnpike... unique in today's world.. very reasonable rates... and a place where people come back visit after visit...one of the reasons being, they will see people that have also stayed there before, and they have become friends with..
next drive from wisconsin to nyc.... I stay at judy's............
have a nice day

• Liked — folksy
  • Disliked — that I had to leave
  • Stayed July 2008
Orlando, FL
Reviewed July 24, 2008

I was travelling through PA on my way back from a family reunion.

I had read the reviews on here before I decided to try the place.
My daughter and I only stayed for one evening, but we were very pleased with the room. The rooms are very quiet & comfortable.

The rooms do not have all of the individual soaps, etc. ( But there are soap dispensors in the shower and above the bathroom sink).- I usually bring my own personal care products, so I did not mind. Nice quilts on the bed, clean sheets, cold A/C, TV with cable, WI-FI access. - What more do you really need?

The price of the room is more than fair .- What you get in this friendly family run motel is hometown charm. It is a place I'll recommend to others if they are looking for that quickly fading slice of Americana.

As others have stated, Bill was very nice to meet and speak to.
I did not meet Judy myself, but my daughter said she was very pleasant when she met her.

• Liked — Location, Price, Freindly service
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
San Diego
Reviewed July 15, 2008

We visited this hotel after seeing Fallingwater. The owners were very cordial, and knowledgeable about the area. The room was very nice. The property is older, but impeccably maintained. The bed was comfortable.

We would have liked to stay longer, but we were on a tight schedule.

We also had dinner near by at the Arena restaurant. It was nice. The food was good, and the service people were nice also. It was a little crowded because it was the only restaurant open that evening. We also had a great breakfast at Ed's Steakhouse, which is near the Arena.

I'd recommend Judy's to anyone who would be visiting the area.

• Liked — People running the motel
  • Disliked — Location is a little far from restaurants.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Wheeling W.V.
Reviewed June 11, 2008

shhhhh. this is a secret, and what a secret. extreamly clean, easy axcess, close to anything or anywhere you need to be in Bedford. Our hosts were friendly, informative and anxious to be of service. This is the kind of place that is fast disappearing from the american scene. We are convinced that this is the ONLY place to stay on Bedford Pa. Thanks Wild Bill and Delores. md_no Wheeling W.V.

Stayed May 2008
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed October 1, 2007

I was on a roadtrip through Pennsylvania and neighboring states, and I stopped for information at a state-run information location, and Judy's was recommended by a very nice lady at the desk. So, when I got off the turnpike in Bedford, I immediately saw a sign advertising Judy's as 1 1/2 miles down the road, so that's where I headed.
The motel was spotless, charming, quiet and incredibly inexpensive. What more could you possible want??? Plus, the owner was beyond helpful in answering any questions I had about where to dine or how to get somewhere.
If you're anywhere near Bedford and it's time to get a room, head straight to Judy's. You'll love it!

• Liked — Spotless and charming
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank MoveOnDownTheRoad
Central NJ
Reviewed September 22, 2007

In need of a place to stay one evening while traveling through the area, we found a room available at Judy's Motel. We didn't expect much from a non-chain motel but decided to stay anyway. WOW! Were we surprised!!! The huge, clean room, comfortable beds, large TV, and easily controllable AC were more than we had expected. In addition, the owner welcomed us, walked us to the room, showed us around, and didn't hang around waiting for a tip. Judy's Motel is definitely on our places to stay when we're in the area again!

• Liked — Huge, clean, comfortable rooms
  • Disliked — We couldn't stay longer
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple