“Great value”

Judy's Motel PA Dutch Heritage
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Bedford
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We had a great overnight stay in Febraury - I doubt if you will find a better place to stay at that rate. Clean, neat, and everything you need. Friendly and very professional service. Highly recommended.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Werner D
There are newer reviews for Judy's Motel PA Dutch Heritage

Reviewed January 15, 2013

The Motel is 50's vintage and very clean and comfortable. Price is right as well. Met the hosts and you can can tell they are very nice people who are proud of their Motel. We were there with another couple who shared our sentimemnts. We sent our son and Daughter-in-law to this Motel while visiting Bedford. They really liked it as well. We will stay again on our next visit.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jimmy D
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I came because of the reviews I read on Trip Advisor and was not disappointed! It is a motel, so you will be off a route, park your car out front of your door, and have soap dispensers instead of mini toiletries. That said, my bed had a hand made quilt on it, the place had a crown molding (with beautiful deep maroon paint on the lower half of the walls), sweet pictures on the walls, and was immaculately clean. And each of the room doors have Pennsylvania dutch hexes (those colorful Amish circular plaques hung outside on a home). The owner was so friendly and answered all my questions about the area. Bottom line: inexpensive, clean, friendly, and safe (I am a woman traveling across country by myself).

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Kimberly R
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Clean, quiet, typical 1950's-1960's motel. Well maintained with a small, but spotless bathroom. 150+ cable channels and strong free wi fi. Great for an overnight stay. If you are a smoker, loud, or a partyer, you should look elsewhere. Less than one mile from the Turnpike exit.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cebakes
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Clean, neat and inexpensive. Staying at Judy's Motel was the best bargain of my trip -- or any that I've taken in the last few years. Highly recommended. But call ahead -- limited number of rooms and returning regulars make just dropping in a risky proposition.

Owners are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank adl55
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I am of the type who'll stick to the chain hotels, and my wife likes these little gems whenever you can find them, so I went with her idea on this one. I was not dissappointed.
First with the good- This is a small 50's style roadside motel, with only about a dozen rooms or so, so no "crowd noise". The rooms are small, with a comfy, clean bed, cable tv, A/C, and a CLEAN smaller bathroom. No fancy frills, but very clean, and in good condition. The owners are very helpful and knowledgable of the area, were quick to help with directions, dining suggestions, etc. My wife and I rode in on our motorcycles, and due to the impending rain, the owners allowed us to park under their carport area. Thank you, thank you, thank you! At almost 60% cheaper than the chain hotels up the road, you can not complain about this place. The ONLY bad thing we experienced was that the water temps in the shower would at times almost immediately hit scalding temps, so while showering, you need to be ready to react!
Covered bridges were all around us through out the countryside, the Flight 93 Memorial is about a half hour ride west on 30, small town shops were just south of the hotel on 220, restaurants to the north, and a Walmart plaza, and more restaurants, about 4 miles or so east on 30 as well..
If ever in the area again, this is where we'll stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Walby
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed here while participating at an event in Old Bedford Village. My room was clean and well appointed, if a little smaller than the $100+ per-night places. The owners were most helpful, both ahead of time with my arrangements and when I temporarily lost my room key. There was enough room for me to lay out my historical clothes and still have room for my regular ones, too, and while the bathroom was pretty compact (definitely one person at a time) the shower was a little larger than mine at home. There isn't a pool, but I didn't mind that; I didn't have time to go swimming, anyway. Bill had plenty of advice about everything from where to get breakfast--and starting at what time--to where to find a place to ship items UPS. My next trip to Bedford will find me back at Judy's, I'm sure!

Room Tip: rooms 8&9 share a door outside from a small entryway, making them a little cozier; same with 11...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo