“Cleanest In The World”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Bedford
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Cleanest In The World”
Reviewed September 7, 2011

The room was by far the cleanest hotel/motel room I have ever been in. We have travelled to 53 countries, 48 of the USA States and half of Canada. We have paid $350 a night to $50 a night. There were other clean hotel rooms but this was up with the best. And the price is an amazing bargin! Be aware, the rooms are small and like rooms in the 1960's but beautifully decorated and very comfortable. The hosts are extremely warm & friendly! We will definately make this a regular stop!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HowardRobert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Camden
Reviewed September 4, 2011

When my daughter and I entered the office we were not even greeted. The woman's voice and demeanor were angry. Even though the parking lot was empty she told me that she did not have a room unless we had a reservation. She did not offer an apology nor any suggestions as to where we could find a room.
The office was shabby and the atmosphere was creepy.
We left and went several hundred feet to a nearby small motel and had a very positive experience.
The next morning I saw only two vehicles parked in the Judy Motel parking lot. After reading the other reviews I see that I am not the only customer that has experienced unprofessional service. Why would AAA give this motel a three star rating?

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Scottishlady185
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed August 17, 2011

You just don't find a hotel for this price anymore. It was very clean, comfortable, and quiet. The staff are the owners, so they care. He took us to our room and showed us were everything was.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Judi H
Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 3, 2011

We were on our way to West VA with friends and stayed at Judy's Motel and was greeted by a very nice couple. We were told we could put our motorcycles under the carport for the night. The motel was older but very clean and kept up well. I would stay here again. The price was very reasonable. also there was a very good steak house close by.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Harleymama68
Annandale, Virginia
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I stayed one night at Judy's Motel on 22 June 2011. I found the complex to be pretty well kept up, the room neat and clean, newly painted and I felt safe. This is a no-frills place, just the basic motel furniture, and TV with about 50 channels and a coffee maker. I believe they also offer Internet access but I did not use that. There is soap and shampoo in the shower (which has great water pressure) but no other toiletries, hair dryer or ironing board. There was a nice quilt on my bed. I believe all the rooms have attractive quilts on the beds. The motel looks like it was built in the 50s. It could use a little sprucing up. The tub in the bathroom looked a little worn and just replacing the tub and tile around it would have gone a long way to help the place along but it is very clean and I felt safe which was the main factor for me. The A/C worked well for me. I found the bed firm but comfortable. I paid $40 a night. The owners live on the premises and you have the feeling they know everything that that is going on in their motel. Their small lobby has brochures of nearby attractions. I talked to both owners, a middle-aged married couple who have apparently managed the motel for some time. The wife is very talkative, warm and friendly, the man, not so much so. He is more business-like, polite and efficient but not especially warm. When I checked in, he showed me where to park, and showed me how things worked around the room which was a nice gesture.

The only beef that I have is that they have a huge AAA approved sign in front of the motel, which as the owner told me two times, he pays over $900 for the inspection a year. This may put him in the AAA travel book, and help draw in travelers, but he does not offer the AAA discount which I think is deceiving for travelers. I thought all places that state AAA approval and inspection have to offer the discount; I guess not in this case. At only $40 a night for a single, (it's a little more for two people) this is probably the cheapest place in town so I did not make an issue of it, but still, I feel when you use their advertising and have the inspection (which he does pay for) they should offer the discount.

I would say if you want a no frills, clean and safe place to stay, I would stay here. It is also convenient to the center of town, only minutes away. They have an excellent website, check it out and you can see what each room looks like. This was a big drawing factor for me.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank VAvisitor
Atlantic City
Reviewed June 5, 2011

We decided to try Judy's because we read good reviews and were looking for an inexpensive place to stay for one night. We got a room with two double beds for just over $50. The positives: The room was clean and the beds comfortable. The husband & wife team that runs the motel were very friendly and attentive. The air conditioner worked very well. We were told thay had free WiFi, but we didn't try to use it, so I can't comment on it's quality. The just OK: Because the motel is almost like a bed and breakfast, in that it is run by a resident couple, there are no check-ins past 10 PM, so make sure you will arrive prior to 10 before you plan to stay there. To adjust the air conditioner, you have to climb up onto a chair to reach it. The remote for the TV only worked when you held it directly in front of the TV. The room was more than a little cramped. The negatives: The tile in the bathroom was vintage 1955 and the bathtub was only about 4 feet long, so an adult couldn't actually take a bath. The shower controls were not scald proof, so if someone else in the hotel turned on the cold water, you got scalded. Overall, it was just OK for what we spent.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Elman1952
Mechanicsville, Maryland
Reviewed April 25, 2011

We opted for a cheap motel after seeing how expensive Omni Springs is. Judy's is just a short drive to Omni Springs. As other reviews said, Judy's husband is a bit odd and doesn't seem to care for younger couples, but Judy was very nice. It's an outdated hotel, but what can you ask for at this price? I'd recommend it if you're looking for somewhere simple to stay for one night. Seemed clean enough - didn't see any issues. Use your AAA discount if you have it.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family