“Mother's Day Brunch: One Word....Spectacular!”

The Restaurant at the Golden Eagle Inn
Ranked #13 of 49 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: South Richard St
Description: Located in a inn built in 1796, the Golden Eagle Inn serves a lovely fine-dining menu for lunch, brunch and dinner. Our Victorian dining room is the perfect setting to enjoy Chef Zach Ford's innovative menu while enjoying a Pennsylvania craft beer or a wine from our thoughtful list. Convently nestled in the heart of downtown Bedford, Pennsylvania, the Golden Eagle Inn is the ideal destination for both travelers and locals alike to enjoy great food!
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Mother's Day Brunch: One Word....Spectacular!”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

My wife and I met two of our sons at the Golden Eagle Inn in Bedford for Mother's Day Brunch. The food was spectacular! The Golden Eagle featured a three course special brunch menu which featured fresh fruit, yogurt, and granola as an appetizer, multiple entrees including a lobster frtittata, steak, eggs, and potatoes, chicken and biscuits with gravy, and eggs Benedict. Dessert was a housemade profiterall with ice cream. My wife had the lobster frittata, I ordered the steak and potatoes (without eggs), one son ordered the chicken and biscuits, and the second son ordered steak and potatoes. All of our entrees were perfectly prepared and delicious. The fresh fruit appetizers were delicious and the profitteralls were positively heavenly with their light flaky crust. We are frequent visitors to Bedford, and the Golden Eagle Inn is still our favorite dining spot in PA.

• Visited May 2014

Indianapolis
“pub might be OK for a drink, but not a meal”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Ate in the downstairs pub section around 7pm on a Tuesday evening. Took forever to get waited on, even though staff was constantly walking past the table and a manager was nearby. Had Irish stew - incredibly tiny portion for $10, it was like a cup of soup with hardly any meat. Should have eaten elsewhere and gone there for a drink - they do have Guinness on tap.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank LPBH01
Russell, Pennsylvania
“Good luck”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

After eating dinner across the street at the 10/09 Restaurant which is outstanding...we came to the Golden Eagle for a beer and a glass of wine. It was busy but there were 2 seats at the bar. We sat down and waited 20 minutes to even be acknowledged by the bartender who was literally 2 feet away. There was only seating for 7 at the bar. We understand them being busy, but would it have killed the bartender to make eye contact or say "I'll be with you in a minute". If Cheers is the friendliest bar then the Golgen Eagle is the antithesis of that. I would rather die of thirst than go in there again.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Aimless58
“Go for the food and drink...stay for Tom's great taste in music!”
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

A friend wanted to try this place while I was visiting her in Bedford. It was later in the night when we arrived, but Tom, one of the proprietors, welcomed us. The bar is beautifully hand made of wormy oak. Every thing is clean. The beer and wine lists were impressive. They exceeded my expectations for Bedford. There are great places in Bedford but the Golden Eagle has raised the bar.
While we arrived too late to order from the kitchen, we did look at the menu. Duck fat fries! I repeat duck fat fries! Soft shell crab BLT (this doesn't appeal to me but seems to be very popular). Drew (asst chef if I recall his title properly - Drew sorry of that isn't correct) went over the menu and commented on some of their offerings which sound amazing.
To be fair I haven't tried the food yet but with any luck I may get there for lunch today.

Visited April 2014
Bedford, Pennsylvania
“Also Disappointed Here - 4/21/2014”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Took elderly aunt to visit, lunch at 12:15 - informed that they were out of soup. Ordered sandwiches, - this is very "strange" the bread was - "wet and sticky"????? Asked waitress about it, and she replied that is they way it is??? Really? A $11.00 sandwich is supposed to be wet? Don't think so, my aunt was also disappointed - I heard her mutter that she's taking it home, and make it into a real sandwich. Anyway we have visited there before, always enjoyed it, but will think again before we return - to spend that much on lunch - and have it served that poorly - bummer huh? We were there 4/21/2014

• Visited April 2014