“Go for the food and drink...stay for Tom's great taste in music!”

The Restaurant at the Golden Eagle Inn
Ranked #13 of 49 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: South Richard St
Description: Located in a inn built in 1796, the Golden Eagle Inn serves a lovely fine-dining menu for lunch, brunch and dinner. Our Victorian dining room is the perfect setting to enjoy Chef Zach Ford's innovative menu while enjoying a Pennsylvania craft beer or a wine from our thoughtful list. Convently nestled in the heart of downtown Bedford, Pennsylvania, the Golden Eagle Inn is the ideal destination for both travelers and locals alike to enjoy great food!
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

A friend wanted to try this place while I was visiting her in Bedford. It was later in the night when we arrived, but Tom, one of the proprietors, welcomed us. The bar is beautifully hand made of wormy oak. Every thing is clean. The beer and wine lists were impressive. They exceeded my expectations for Bedford. There are great places in Bedford but the Golden Eagle has raised the bar.
While we arrived too late to order from the kitchen, we did look at the menu. Duck fat fries! I repeat duck fat fries! Soft shell crab BLT (this doesn't appeal to me but seems to be very popular). Drew (asst chef if I recall his title properly - Drew sorry of that isn't correct) went over the menu and commented on some of their offerings which sound amazing.
To be fair I haven't tried the food yet but with any luck I may get there for lunch today.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Took elderly aunt to visit, lunch at 12:15 - informed that they were out of soup. Ordered sandwiches, - this is very "strange" the bread was - "wet and sticky"????? Asked waitress about it, and she replied that is they way it is??? Really? A $11.00 sandwich is supposed to be wet? Don't think so, my aunt was also disappointed - I heard her mutter that she's taking it home, and make it into a real sandwich. Anyway we have visited there before, always enjoyed it, but will think again before we return - to spend that much on lunch - and have it served that poorly - bummer huh? We were there 4/21/2014

2  Thank margie70745
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Made reservations for family brunch and had no problem being seated a few minutes before appointed time. Nice atmosphere and décor, but seats were uncomfortable. Waited 15 minutes for only waitress to come to table. Not busy; took way too long for service. . Their brunch is not a breakfast bar spread, but merely a breakfast menu served into the afternoon. Limited selection and our group of 6 had a hard time finding anything to order. Food was average at best. Worst thing though - one person ordered dry toast because can't tolerate butter, and was offered jam instead. Toast arrived and was buttered. Sent back, and new toast arrived which was barely toasted. No jam - they didn't have any so they just brought warmed blueberries instead. No apology, just "here". Wouldn't eat here again or recommend a restaurant that can't even make toast.

1  Thank Gary B
Reviewed April 4, 2014

My husband & I have tried several of the Friday Flight menus...both with beer & wine pairings. All courses have been excellent with the only desire was for a larger portion! The service has always been attentive but not overbearing. We've also recently tried the newly opened Pub downstairs & found it cozy & excellent as well. Can't wait to return!

1  Thank Adresa
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Finally, Bedford is starting to catch fire. With a draw like Omni Bedford Springs Resort and Hotel, we were desperate for some quality eating establishments. I hadn't tried it, because I thought it would be just "typical" tavern food. Boy was I wrong.. A creative menu, a warm lively atmosphere, great service(something I am very keen on) and delicious food. I had the Steamed Mussels with a spicy peanut sauce, (which I thought would offend my French Riviera Moule Meuniere sensibilities,) but they did them proud. Delicious cream sauce, plump juicy mussels with the occasional hot pepper in the mix.. yummy... With french bread toasts to get all the wonderful juice. I followed it up with a Blue Cheese burger which was cooked to perfection and juicy. Fabulous crispy fries and a nice hunk of red onion on top!!! Perfect little quick dinner before attending the Bedford High School Production of Anything Goes!!!

1  Thank Croixlmt