“Outstanding Food and Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

10/09 Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 48 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: Seafood, American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: An intimate full service restaurant, serving New American cuisine using only the freshest ingredients. Featuring unique pasta and seafood dishes.
Elizabeth, Pennsylvania
“Outstanding Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

This is a must stop for dinner when you are in the Bedford area. Crabcake appetizer, Scallops and Flat Iron steak were all outstanding. Highly encouraged to make reservations.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Chagrin Falls, Ohio
“A must if staying in Bedford”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

We stayed at the Omni and this was by far our favorite restaurant. Very high quality. This would be a top restaurant in any city.

Visited August 2014
Toronto, Canada
“10/09 gets a 9/10”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

Firstly, I hope they get their liquor license soon as a great wine selection will only add to the simple but rich menu. This husband and wife resto (hint: it's where the name is from) came recommended by the nearby Bedford Springs resort we were staying at and we managed to squeak in a 630 PM table reservation (good luck arriving without said deal in hand). We didn't bother to bring our own beer or wine (the nearest place to buy that was closed) which was a shame because our meals would have tasted even better with it. The kids had the Bucatini and Tortellini (latter portion was made small by request). My wife had the shrimp and crab pasta and I had the pasta special with sausages and mushrooms (and more if I could remember). The husband in the back does not hold back on portion size so bring an appetite. The decor and interior design are a little uninspiring - probably because they are devoting all their time towards getting that liquor license and answering a phone that must be ringing off the hook. Good luck with that 10/09!

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank myounder
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Just a suggestion to the staff....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

A disclaimer, we did NOT eat here. We wanted to because it came highly recommended by a personal friend who used to work with the owner and the reviews were excellent; however, we were unable to, which is why I am writing this review. We are from out of town and were unaware that the restaurant closes from 2:00-5:00pm each day. We arrived at 2:05 for lunch. There was a closed sign on the door; but it was unlocked, so we went inside. The staff looked at us like we had two heads and asked "can we help you?" I felt uncomfortable because everyone was staring at us, and the dining room is small, so all the patrons were staring as well. I asked for a table for two and was informed that they only take lunch guests until 1:55pm. They told us they hoped we would come back...no explanation of dinner times, when they would re-open, etc. Embarrassed, we left. We came back at 6:15 to try to get dinner because I really wanted to try this restaurant. Once again, we were greeted by the same lady who asked automatically what name the reservation was under. I told her we did not have a reservation but was there any availability (there were about 4 empty tables). She said no, that all the tables would be full soon, and that they didn't have availability "until late". Once again, no explanation of what time there was availability or any inquiry of whether we would like to make a reservation for another night, etc. Needless to say, we left and did not return. The whole encounter made us feel uncomfortable and unwelcome. I highly suggest that the staff be more accommodating and helpful to out of town guests who are not familiar with their restaurant or proceedings.

Visited August 2014
8 Thank CSArnold
Sara15522, Owner at 10/09 Kitchen, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
We are so sorry that you did not get to dine with us during your visit to Bedford. We make every possible effort to communicate our hours and our "Reservations Recommended" policy, on our website, our Facebook page, TripAdvisor, Yelp!, and both are also posted on our front door.

As our sign was already marked "Closed" when you arrived for lunch and it was after closing time, we had already started to shut down and begin cleaning the restaurant for dinner service as our last few lunch guests were finishing their desserts, so I'm very sorry that we weren't able to serve you. Unfortunately, because we are such a small restaurant, we simply can not afford to staff the dining room all afternoon on the off-chance that we might have a mid-afternoon guest.

So many of our lunch guests are just passing through the area, we would never have presumed to try to push dinner reservations on you, and I'm sorry you did not feel comfortable asking. We recommend dinner reservations at all times, as we tend to fill up very quickly.

I can't apologize enough if we made you feel uncomfortable. It was certainly not our intention.

We hope you will give us a call the next time you are in the area and we will be happy to help you make a reservation, or feel free to stop by during our normal lunch hours!
Sarasota, Florida
“You'll want to go back again and again, reserve ahead!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

My girlfriend was here in March so when we planned our July girls night at the nearby Bedford resort, we were sure to reserve our table for dinner a month ahead of time! I'm not sure you need to book a month out, but from the sounds of the other reviews, it certainly wouldn't hurt!
We decided to start with the Avocado Caprese Salad which had an unusual colored tomato, pink/green. We asked the owner Sara, about it and she said they buy whatever is in season. Well it was out of this world! It was the perfectly ripened summer tomato from your garden but even better; delicious! We shared this starter as we wanted to save room for the entrees, it was a good decision. There were 3 large slices of tomato along with avocado, delicious housemade mozzarella and a basil pesto. Very satisfying, I'm not a big eater, so it would have been a bit too much to eat alone and go on to enjoy the entree.
For entrees, I had the seared scallops with forest mushroom risotto and asparagus. It was incredibly flavorful.There were three plump scallops on a bed of risotto with asparagus. Portion was just right. My friend had the shrimp and crab pasta, which I sampled and I can tell you it was delicious as well.
We did not have dessert.
We brought our own bottle of wine, as they are waiting on approval of liquor license. There was a standard $2.00 corkage fee.
All in all, it was an excellent dining experience and I look forward to going back one day.
If you're going to be in town, call ahead and reserve, you'll be glad you did!

• Visited July 2014