“A dog and pony show for high rollers...”
Review of 10/09 Kitchen

10/09 Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 49 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: An intimate full service restaurant, serving New American cuisine using only the freshest ingredients. Featuring unique pasta and seafood dishes.
Reviewed March 15, 2014

This is a nice restaurant but it's a bit small and noisy. No parking unless you get a lucky street spot. Otherwise plan on walking a few blocks. The food was good but a bit of a dog and pony show. The pasta seemed old or something. No view, just 4 walls and crammed in like tuna. Bring your bank card...

2  Thank JT955

Reviewed March 8, 2014

From the bread and olive oil with grated Parmesan cheese to the tart or cheesecake for desert everything we had exceeded our expectations.

If you are looking for a small (10 table or so) restaurant with great food and personal service this is the one for you.

I'm not going to restate everyone's food reviews and rave about the food although I could easily, another positive side is the attention to detail and the participation the owners/chefs have with the guests.

We have only been there twice but I feel like Nick and Sara are not only approachable but enjoy both receiving feedback and getting to know the people that come into their establishment.

These are great people with a knack for making outstanding food and hiring a staff that cares.

Although I would classify this as upscale its not stuffy or intimidating for people not used to higher end places. They make it feel inviting and comfortable for everyone to enjoy some delicious food.

1  Thank Eric5476us
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We enjoyed our dinner so much. It was a nice change from the other very mediocre restaurants we visited during our weekend getaway. The ONLY complaint we had was the noise level. There was a large party of locals who were disturbingly loud. The restaurant is so small that you hear everything and it did take some enjoyment away from our experience. Otherwise, the food is great. Make sure to bring your own wine. $4 corkage fee. Good service, too.

2  Thank SBSL
Reviewed February 24, 2014

This BYOB restaurant has the potential to be great. Unfortunately the most welcoming host, the most wonderful food and the most enthusiastic service (all of which this restaurant has) is overshadowed by its noise problem. When we arrived the hostess apologized in advance for a rowdy large table, and I could tell from the winces around the room that most of the other patrons were obviously disturbed as well. Maybe these folks were friends of the owners or something, because management's only attempt to ameliorate the situation was to apologize circumspectly to everyone else. We were nearly finished with our entrees when the group finally left, and I expected that the two couples at our table would finally be able to have a conversation. Unfortunately, while the decibel level diminished, it was still difficult to carry on a conversation. The dining room is a small plain former store, and there has been no attempt to muffle sound. I literally left with a headache.

I would love to go back and explore its menu. The dishes were varied, imaginative, and well seasoned. But until I can see some evidence of steps to reduce the noise level, I won't be back, and my recommendation would be that no other parties larger than two go as well. We had friends (also from out of town) who ate in one of the booths, and they told us that after the first bunch left, they could actually hold a conversation (and they had the same compliments about the food), so perhaps at the smaller tables in the booths there's a chance for some social intercourse. However, with other choices becoming available in Bedford, I'll probably be trying them first.

8  Thank amosesq
Reviewed February 23, 2014

If you do not LOVE this restaurant and food, there is something wrong with you--simple as that :-)
My husband and I ate dinner here after a couple of days at the Omni Bedford Springs Resort and this food just blew us both away! The prices are much more reasonable than the resort and the food is a million times better. Don't forget to BYOB--a great opportunity to enjoy your favorite wine with a minimal corkage fee! The owners are Nick and Sara--we got the chance to speak with Sara during dinner and we are delighted to hear that the restaurant is doing well and they have almost hit that critical one year mark! Kudos to them on creating haute cuisine in the small quaint setting of Bedford, PA. You would not expect to find food of this caliber in a rural type town--this menu would hold its own against some of the best places in NYC.
My strip steak was flavorful and the gorgonzola really gave it that extra punch. My husband's tortellini sauce was rich, creamy, and a perfect topping to the melody of delicious sausage, pine nut, and mushroom flavors of the dish.
We wish them continued success--make your reservations now b/c with only 8-9 tables, expect their popularity to grow and the wait list to be long! If you are a foodie and find yourself in/around the Bedford area, this is a dinner not to be missed!!!

1  Thank Hundleychick