“Wonderful family-owned restaurant”

10/09 Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 49 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: An intimate full service restaurant, serving New American cuisine using only the freshest ingredients. Featuring unique pasta and seafood dishes.
Rockville, MD
“Wonderful family-owned restaurant”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Loved the ambience, the service, and the food. I had a steak and my wife had the grouper, which was a special that evening. We both loved our meals. The dessert was delicious as well. The restaurant is run by a couple--the wife being the hostess and the husband the chef. They both do a wonderful job!

Visited December 2013

Spring City, Pennsylvania
“Great food, lovely owners, excellent service---but a corkage fee???”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Last week, we visited 10/09 and have nothing but positive things to say about the food, service, and atmosphere. Everything was cooked perfectly, and the staff was lovely and helpful. We started with the warm crab dip---plenty for 2. My husband then had the scallops, which were excellent, our son had cheese tortellini, and I had salmon. Cappucino and dessert finished our meal. Everything was delicious, presented beautifully, and we were very impressed. Portions are quite large.

Now to the thing I didn't like. When our check arrived, there was a corkage fee. No where can I find mention of a $6 corkage fee. We eat at BYOB's all the time---I could give a long list of excellent BYOB's; at none, is there a corkage fee. If a restaurant serves wine and you bring your own, obviously, yes; if it's a BYOB, no. No fee was mentioned on the menu, and when I called for reservations, I was told it was a BYOB---nothing more. The amount isn't the issue---the issue is that I think it's annoying and unnecessary---and should be mentioned on the menu.

If the fee hadn't been there, I would have rated 10/09 the highest rating. I hope this is something that is discussed---and hopefully, removed.

Sara15522, Owner at 10/09 Kitchen, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
First of all, we truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us, and we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your meal.

Regarding the corkage fee charge, we do charge $2 per guest for the service of opening and serving your alcohol of choice, and also in order to be able to provide quality stemware, wine chillers, aerators, etc. This is a common practice at several of our competitors in the Central PA area where we have dined in the past.

The corkage fee is clearly stated on our website, but you make a great point in that not everyone visits our site before they dine with us. We have taken your comments to heart and have added a line regarding this charge to the bottom of our menus so that we can be sure that no one else is ever surprised by this.

We are so sorry that this had a negative affect on your dining experience at 10/09, and we are truly grateful that you took the time to point it out to us so that we could take action!

Thank you!
“Wow”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Holy cow! Everything was absolutely delicious in this restaurant. This gem is a new family restaurant. The chef was the main chef at the Bedford Springs Hotel. The hotel concierge recommended it. It was amazing! Try the flatbread and the pumpkin ravioli. You won't regret it. Even the bread was absolutely delicious.

Sara15522, Owner at 10/09 Kitchen, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review and to rate us! We really appreciate your kind comments!
Pennsylvania
“Easily one of the best restaurants in Pennsylvania”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

The reviews for this restaurant proclaim it as the best eatery in Beford, Pa. Those reviews are not incorrect, however, they don't go far enough. This is one of the best restaurants in the state. The chef here has an extraordinary grasp of cooking, and how to take simple food to the next level. While the setting is pleasant, and the service is very good, the star here is the cuisine. We ate here while staying at the Omni Bedford Springs Hotel, which has some very nice restaurants. I will however, stand by my opening statement that the 10/09 is the best restaurant in Bedford, Pa. Make sure you make a reservation as there are only about 9 tables. If I lived closer this would be a restaurant I would frequent often.

Sara15522, Owner at 10/09 Kitchen, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Wow! We appreciate your generous comments so much - thank you for writing such a kind review!
Mogi das Cruzes, SP
“Best in town!”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

10/09 was very well recommended and made no disappointment at the personal caring service paid by the owners themselves at all times. This was a remarkable eating experience with unique and surprising dishes at a simple and well set service room. Can´t go wrong paying a visit. Make sure to make reservations ahead.

Visited August 2013
Sara15522, Owner at 10/09 Kitchen, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review! We hope you will dine with us again sometime soon!

Been to 10/09 Kitchen? Share your experiences!