“Among the Worst Mexican I've Ever Experienced”
Review of Salsa's Mexican Grille - CLOSED

Salsa's Mexican Grille
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Located in beautiful Bedford, PA Salsa's Mexican Grille is proud to bring authentic Mexican cuisine to Central Pennsylvania. Our menu features your favorite Mexican dishes as well as some entree's like seafood alfredo, filet mignon, and chicken parmesan. We also have a full bar featuring your favorite import and domestic beers and a large selection of wine and spirits.
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I hoped for the best when I tried the new Mexican restaurant near the turnpike entrance. I was very disappointed. When I entered on a warm July afternoon, I asked why it was so hot in the bar. I was told the only part on the restaurant that is air conditioned was the dining room. When we were seated in the dining area, it was cooler, but because there are no doors seperating it from the rest of the facility, it was still way too hot.
The salsa brought to the table was bland and tasteless (it may have been from a jar). The chicken California Burrito was not good. The chicken was old and full of grissle. It came with a tasteless verde sauce and sour cream (no refried beans or rice). The tilapia was in tiny pieces, over cooked and, like the rest of the meal, very bland.
When I went to pay, they tried to over charge me by $5!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I love quesadillas, and they have quite a selection. My husband loves burritos and he was happy with his!

1  Thank Marcella T
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We ate here on father's day as a family. It was quite crowded. The food was decent. Chips and salsa arrived timely. Order arrived timely. Margaritas were horrible. Service was fine until she brought the check and we wanted to pay. She didn't tell us to pay at the front so we waited and waited to pay only to get frustrated and then went to the front to pay.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We went to Salsa's for my birthday and won't be back. We have visited here several times and it just keeps getting worse. This time we got there in time for the lunch specials and the server conveniently didn't bring out our chips or take any drink orders for 10 minutes until the lunch specials were over. They advertised free guacamole, but you had to ask for it, because the server never mentioned it. Our bean and cheese dip was so runny it was like soup with very little beans. The cheese on top was watery. I ordered the shrimp cocktail soup that I love so much at other restaurants but theirs came out luke warm, with a water base and few ingredients. I sent it back and tried to order my favorite dessert...flan. But with only three desserts on the menu I was disappointed they were out. My daughter's food was served less than hot and tasteless. We had problems getting refills on drinks because the servers were too busy talking...and we were the only customers. Overall the food was very bland, the service was poor, and the atmosphere doesn't exist. We have noticed over our last few visits that they seem to be cutting lots of corners, making the portions smaller and more watery, and the restaurant is almost always empty. I wouldn't recomend it to anyone!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

It was 2:30 in the afternoon. No one in there but two workers/waiters. I sat down and they both left it more than 5 minutes before anyone came back. I had the lunch fajitas with chicken and thought it was good, although I never understand why you only get two tortillas when there is enough food for 3 or 4. Good value. Dark place though, even in the middle of the afternoon.