“Good Local Diner”

Cuisines: American
Herndon, Virginia
“Good Local Diner”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My husband and I were traveling from Virginia to Michigan and stopped at the Bedford Diner for lunch. We quickly discovered that this is a locals place to go, as many of the customers knew each other. The staff is friendly and service is good. After quickly looking around at what everyone was ordering, we ordered a ranch burger and a cheeseburger and fries. The food was good and inexpensive, $3.75 for a deluxe cheeseburger and fries. We did not have dessert, but saw the beautiful home made pies. Good stop at a locals favorite.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank pletzkeb

New Jersey
“Very good meal/value”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Convenient, right off PA TPK. Very good food/service, local decor...$11.00 dinner-fresh salad, broiled grouper(properly cooked), canned (well-ok) green beans and baked potato. Looked very popular with locals.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank DThreeNJ
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
“Thinking beyond the corporate owned dining experience...”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Just off the Bedford PA exit, you are inundated with fast food joints. It is the same story at every stop of the PA Turnpike, however if you go a little further and try not to blink you will stumble upon a hidden treasure called the Bedford Diner. Friendly staff, prompt service, fantastic food no matter what you get from the menu, and of all things - clean restrooms!!! WOW... I thought maybe I caught them on a good day, but I have been there a half dozen times, and they never fail to impress. We need more options like this place when traveling the PA Turnpike.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank dave8469
Northern Virginia
“Fasting would be a better option”
Reviewed November 24, 2011

My wife and I stopped in for Thanksgiving breakfast, based mainly on the cars in the parking lot. Big mistake.

Her grilled bacon and cheese sandwich tasted as if it had been fried in some very old, rancid griddle lube. Butter is the usual choice for grilling a sandwich, but this one had nothing remotely resembling buttery flavor. If you wanted to test a new TV show, "Worst Thing I Ever Ate," this would be a good candidate.

On the plus side, my 2-2-2 (eggs, bacon, pancakes) breakfast was worth the $2.22 price (though not much more). The pancakes were crunchy at the edges, suggesting there was too much lubricant on the griddle. They literally deep fried, instead of being griddled. Eggs were only slightly overcooked. Bacon was OK. Server was friendly, if a bit slow.

• Visited November 2011
4 Thank luv2travl003
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great breakfast, where the local's go.”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

My husband and I were traveling home and wanted a good inexpensive breakfast at a place that did not have a drive thru. We stopped at the Bedford Diner and it was just what we were looking for. We both had omlets that were very good. The portions were generous. It was a true Diner and very inexpensive. If we're ever in that area again, it will definitely be one of our stops.

• Visited November 2011