“Worth stopping for”
Review of Azteca Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

Azteca Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 18, 2015 via mobile

Driving the PA turnpike, there's few good choices for a meal between Harrisburg and Pittsburgh. Found this place online and it was definitely worth the visit. Had a really good grilled chicken relleno dinner. I will go back again.

1  Thank Themenace69

Reviewed January 25, 2015 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed our dining experience tremendously. He got in enchiladas verdes and I had the lunch fajitas. The food was extremely mellow and we both enjoyed it. I especially like the salsa. Service was excellent.

Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed savory meat with rich cheese sauce on dishes of enchiladas and chimichangas. The Mexican rice was fresh, light and fluffy. This is a decent Mexican restaurant right on US 30, which makes a convenient stop for those driving by. And of course, there are free chips and salsa before the meal!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We have been to the Azteca Mexican Restaurant on Rt 30 near the Goodwill Store at least 4 or 5 times. We had been impressed on previous visits by the warm fresh tortilla chips with salsa brought out before every meal, the awesome freshly made guacamole, the authentic entrees and the friendly pleasant staff. Prices were reasonable. The place is clean and colorful.
However, our most recent visit might be our last. About 3 weeks ago, we went on a Saturday for the first time and were very disappointed. We were there shortly after opening - around 11:30am - and it appeared we were the first customers of the day. We ordered a side of guacamole to go with the complimentary tortilla chips and salsa. Unfortunately, rather than bringing out the bright green freshly made guac, the waiter appeared with an olive green shade of guacamole, obviously leftover from the previous day. Yuck.
There's a new menu. The pricing on it is for Monday - Friday. If you order from the M-F lunch specials, the price is a couple of dollars more since it's Saturday? Huh? It was the same amount of food - so that was just irritating.
Our entrees were not freshly made either. The Mexican rice on my plate was mush - leftover reheated in a microwave. Hubby did not care at all for the tamale on his plate.
Not sure if the regular kitchen staff was on vacation or what happened, but we were very disappointed in this meal.

1  Thank sugarlemontee
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I lived most of my life in California and have always loved Mexican food. I just recently traveled to PA to visit a family member. We decided to go out and look for a good mexican food restaurant, he recommended Azteca Mexican Restaurant and i couldn't have been happier with the choice. I loved the family like atmosphere. My food was brought out fast, and it was very cheap.The staff was soo nice, and the food was just amazing!!! I totally loved the salsa. If I lived close by I would eat there every weekend! I can't wait to go back and try something new.

1  Thank claudia g