“This is a great place to eat!”
Review of Azteca Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

Azteca Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The food is terrific, the service is the best, & the prices are unbeatable! I cannot say enough good things about Azteca. We are local to Bedford. Anytime we are eating out, Azteca is our choice (we frequent 2x/month minimum). We have NEVER had a bad meal & we've sample almost the entire menu. We have NEVER had bad service or had to wait for anything...the minute your warm tortilla chips & fresh-made salsa are emplty, someone is there to refill. The minute your drink is empty, someone is there to refill. The staff Azteca are amazing! You have to eat here!

1  Thank Ginger S

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Mexican food is my "comfort food," so when I'm on vacation, I will usually seek out any decent Mexican restaurants in the area. I much prefer a small establishment like Azteca than going to one of the big commercial chains that claim to be Mexican.

Azteca doesn't have a liquor license, but they now allow you to BYOB, if you wish to. I was happy to drink their unsweetened iced tea with my delicious meal. The atmosphere is typical of a "Tex-Mex" place in a non-descript shopping strip, but the food is a "cut above." One can order all the typical Mexican combo plates (any variation of taco, enchilada, burrito, fajitas, etc.) but the menu also has a number of authentic Mexican specialities, including a good variety of seafood specialities.

I ordered the "Enchiladas Rancheras", which was two cheese enchiladas topped with a very generous amount of delicious pork served with sauteed vegetables, peppers and onions. I also ordered a "chile relleno" on the side. Whenever I go to a new Mexican restaurant, I always order a chile relleno to compare it to the ones my own mother used to make. The one I ate at Azteca compared very favorably: the batter was not excessive, the chile was soft and tasty, and it was filled with just cheese. Two thumbs up!

The prices are incredibly reasonable. I was actually taken aback at how little it was when the bill was brought to me, so I left a very generous tip for the young Mexican waitstaff, which I was happy to do.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Who would have thought you could get good mexican in Bedford. All the dishes I have tried have been good. Inexpensive. Quick service. No Bar service.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We live local and were thrilled when this place opened. We love Mexican food but hate to have to run to Altoona to find it. The food is great. I am a fan of the chimichangas! They are too die for. My boyfriend prefers the dinner combination where he gets 6 or 7 different items for less than $10. We love eating there. The staff is very friendly and attentive, quick to bring out the warm tortilla chips and the fresh made salsa. We get take out alot and when they do the take out order they still include a large bag of chips and plenty of salsa to eat at home. They have a great selection. If you live local, they often advertise in local papers with a buy one dinner (or lunch) and two beverages, get one dinner (or lunch) half price. Another thing we love, they are one of the few restaurants in Bedford open past 9 p.m. if you need to eat later at night. All in all probably my favorite place to eat in Bedford, and probably my favorite Mexican restaurant around the area. Check it out, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Having been born and lived in Texas for many years, I absolutely love Mexican food. I was excited but hesitant when Azteca opened; however I can now say it is my favorite restaurant in town! The food is authentic and delicious and the wait staff is superb. Can't wait until they open their second restaurant near the turnpike, complete with margaritas!!