“Hardest-working restaurant staff I've ever seen!”

Hoss's Steak & Sea House
Ranked #14 of 48 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Hoss’s Steak and Sea House is a family restaurant featuring fresh-cut steaks, seafood, and tender chicken entrees. All cooked to order! Enjoy our fresh and wholesome Soup & Salad Bar with homemade soups, just-baked breads, fresh fruits, delicious desserts, and soft-serve ice cream. We feature a fun menu for kids and offer family-style banquets in our comfortable banquet rooms.
Annapolis, Maryland
“Hardest-working restaurant staff I've ever seen!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

For those of you not familiar with Hoss's, it is a chain steak house where your entrees and beverages are ordered before you're seated and the soup/salad/bread/dessert bar is available for all-you-can-eat. The food at Hoss's restaurants is always good, but one thing I noticed about this location is that it was extremely clean and the staff worked noticeably hard at keeping it that way. If you so much as dropped a pea at the salad bar, they were right there cleaning it up almost immediately, with smiles on their faces. It was such a pleasure to see the employees taking pride in their work and we rewarded it with a generous tip. Our waitress's name was Bonnie and she was fantastic! I must congratulate the management on your "team" of waitstaff, as they went above and beyond. Well done! I would definitely visit this location again!

• Visited May 2013
Missy H, Social Media Director at Hoss's Steak & Sea House, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our Bedford location. We strive to keep our buildings as clean as possible and with a having a self serve salad bar that can be quite a task. Your compliments will be passed on to our crew members responsbile for your great visit. We truly appreciate your feedback and patronage. We hope to see you again soon.

Bedford, Pennsylvania
“overpriced”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

One has to like "cafeteria style" standing in line as a start; I don't. I did that in school & college. The salad bar has diminished in size + quality since first I went a Hoss'. I had scallops & they were old & should have long since been discarded. I certainly tip far less when I have to get items on my own & waitress only delivers entre & occasionally clears salad dishes. Soup was watered down. Bread stale. Upon leaving my main thought was: I could have had a better meal in several area "sit down" restaurants & for less money. I doubt I ever go back to any Hoss'. It's really best [comparatively speaking only] for bus loads who may be accumtomed to the "McDonald's of real meals."

• Visited February 2013
Missy H, Social Media Director at Hoss's Steak & Sea House, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our Bedford location. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your last experience. We stive to offer competitive prices and be a value to everyone that dines with us. All of our entrees include our all you can eat soup, salad, bread and dessert bars and with several meals priced at $9.99 we try to accomodate all budget levels. Once again we apologize for your disappointment and hope you will try Hoss's again in the future.
Atlantic City
“Very Good Chain Steak House”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Generally, I don't recommend chain steak houses. Most are long gone. However, Hoss's continues to thrive on a formula of great salad, soup and dessert bar along with consistently good entrees and attentive service. This location is not exception. The staff is always friendly and attentive. The food is very good, including the steaks and burgers. The salad bar is always a highlight. The format is a little like a fast food restaurant, in that you order when you walk in, but from then on, it is a typical sit down restaurant experience, with table service. I recommend for folks on a budget who want a family friendly dinner at a reasonable price.

• Visited February 2013
“Good food”
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Our family ate at Hoss' for the the first time. The food was good for the money. It was family friendly with good service.

Falls Church Virgini
“Fantastic food that is beyond reasonable”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was my first visit to Hoss's in over 20 years. This is a wonderful chain. The salad bar is inexpensive and plentiful. And, for only $0.99 more, I was able to add what turned out to be the best hamburger that I've had in years. If I lived in PA, I'd eat at Hoss's on a regular basis.

• Visited October 2012