“Fine dining”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2014

The food is great and not far from the Pike. This is what Bedford needed for years. close motels and fine dining with great drinks.

1  Thank 1EventHorizon1

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Have been here several times, both for group meals and solo. The regular menu is what you would expect for a small town steak house. I have twice ordered steak medium rare and received it medium. The inside has been partially redecorated and there is a nice dining area with booths and tables and hardwood floor. The larger eating area, however, has dated carpeting and seating. The chairs are terrifically comfortable, however, just could use fresh upholstery and brighter colors overall. Interestingly, group meals I think are more consistent that my individual meals have been. The reason for the crowded parking lot mentioned by one unhappy reviewer is probably that Bedford does not have a lot of dining options, and after a long-time restaurant called The Arena closed, Ed's was one of the few places where you could have a drink before your meal. Additional dining opportunities have opened in Bedford (see my reviews of 10/09 and the Golden Eagle Inn and Restaurant), but not in the medium price range of Ed's. For that, you get mid-level food.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

My wife and daughter and I were trying to find a place for me to go for dinner for my birthday, I was thinking about Hoss`s and I was looking at reviews for places in Bedford. I saw what people were saying about Eds and some were not good. But I thought I will never know unless I give it a try. When we arrived we were seated right away. The chairs were so confortable I could have set for hours. We were waited on right away. I ordered Steak and shrimp. The food came out very fast. And all a
I can say is this the people who complained about the the service and the food were having a bad day when they went. The service was great, the food came out very fast and the steak was so good you didn`t have to put anything on it. And the price of the food for three people was only $60.00, a little more then two Happy Meals per person at a fast food restaurant I will not name. Take my word if you are in the area and looking for a good meal with good service and comfortable setting go to Eds Steak House where you get off the Turnpike in Bedford.

1  Thank ret369er
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We were meeting another couple for Friday night dinner, and arrived ahead of them.
That gave us the opportunity to observe what was far from an efficient system of seating customers who were waiting for a table.
When out friends arrived, we were actually seated quickly.
From the beginning, it was obvious our server was either extremely overworked, or extremely inefficient.
Mistakes were made with the food (doubtful it was HER fault), and requests for correction were met with hostility on her part.
After several brushes with her attitude, I got up and sought out the owner, who was found standing alone in the entrance area.
I alerted him to the fact that our server was taking her bad day out on us, and he responded with, "OK, I'll keep an eye on her".
I fail to understand how one can do anything about the snotty attitude of someone by merely watching them.
We were all in agreement that NOTHING tasted frsh and/or homemade.
The taste, portions and presentation all struggled to achieve even an "acceptable" rating from any of our party.
None of us were able to understand how the dining area and parking lot of such a mediocre restaurant could be so full.
There are other eateries very close - a fact we shall NOT forget.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

When traveling we look for easy on easy off so we took a chance on Ed's. The entrance is friendly with little gift finds for the traveler. Heather was an excellent server and our meal came quickly. The broiled chops were moist. The potatoes were real. The Macaroni and Cheese was yummy and the Stewed Tomatoes were tasty sweet. No charge for the tea and surprised at the value of our meal for two was under $20. This clean restaurant with home made dishes is now in our GPS!

1  Thank MajorJoy