“Nice atmosphere great food”

Crystal Dining Room at Bedford Springs
Reserve with OpenTable
Crystal Dining Room at Bedford Springs is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 49 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Frederick, Maryland
“Nice atmosphere great food”
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I took my mother and my wife to the Crystal dining room in May 2011. The wait staff was very attentive and was not intrusive. Upon my request, they put us in a corner table that was quiet.
My mother had the lamb, which was great for her. She said it was the best she'd had in years. My wife chose a steak which she stated was done just right. I had the fish which I beleive is raised on their estate.
all three of us were well satisfied with our meal and I plan on going back there on a regular basis. Keep it up Omni.

Jaxon27

• Visited May 2011

Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Breakfast buffet is disappointing.”
Reviewed December 27, 2010

Having stayed at the Omni Bedford Springs just prior to Christmas, we had the opportunity to have breakfast in the Crystal Dining Room. Breakfast is served buffet style although it is possible to order off the menu if you want to wait. The quality of the food is poor. They ran out of bacon. Breakfast potatoes looked old and leftover. The scrambled eggs were dry and the pastries were stale. It would have been nice had the toaster worked. We had breakfast two consecutive mornings and it was a disappointment both times.

State College, PA
“After initial confusion, very nice dinner”
Reviewed November 3, 2010

We had 7:30 dinner reservations for a combined anniversary/birthday celebration. When we arrived, we noticed a sealed envelope on the hostess station with our name and picked it up. That flustered the hostess . . . she wasn't sure if we were supposed to get that now or later, so we didn't open it. The restaurant was not crowded, but she sat us in the very back corner at a small two-top against a wall. We sat for quite a while and then a server came and asked us if we wanted drinks. We said we would like to have menus before we decided on wine. Then another server came to our table carrying a bottle of Malbec that had been ordered by faraway friends (solving the mystery of the card!). We asked that server if we could be re-seated. She had us pick the table we wanted and moved us. After that, all went well. We each had the gorgonzola salad. Perfect size, delicious, perfectly dressed. For entrees: duck breast a l'orange, beef short rib raviolis both delicious with our gift Malbec. Dessert was raspberry creme brulee and chocolate torte with delicious decaf coffee.

Pa
“Small portions for the price. My wife had...”
Reviewed October 9, 2010

Small portions for the price. My wife had the salmon, and I had the beef dish. Neither of us were impressed. Much better choices available in bedford.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Inconsistent food and service in a beautiful setting”
Reviewed May 31, 2010

We made a reservation for the Crystal Dining Room while staying in Bedford. Our reservation was honored and we were seated in a room that may have been 1/3 full. We both ordered the salmon with "potato risotto" and wilted spinach -- I had the Maytag salad and my spouse had the lobster bisque. We ordered a glass of NZ sauvignon blanc with our entrees. The appetizers were excellent. The appetizer service was not cleared before the entrees came, which generated a lot of plate shifting, and we had to ask for our wine. The wine was very good and a generous serving. The potato "risotto" (which makes no sense) was underdone cubes of potato in a slightly oversalted sauce. The salmon and spinach were fine. For dessert I had the sorbet sampler and the blackberry sorbet was excellent. My spouse ordered the creme brulee, which was NOT bruleed. The manager expressed a lot of concern and we were comped for one entree (not necessary) and the brulee (appreciated). I'm posting this review primarily because this is apparently not the first kitchen/service issue with the restaurant, according to contacts who have also eaten there and the reviews of the restaurant (as opposed to the resort proper). That having been said, I'd probably go back if I were in the area, but I'd be a diner who made sure that things were to my taste.

Been to Crystal Dining Room at Bedford Springs? Share your experiences!