“The Jean Bonet Tavern is a wonderful find!”
Review of Jean Bonnet Tavern

Jean Bonnet Tavern
Ranked #2 of 49 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Historic landmark located in a 250+ year-old stone building. Slow roasted Prime Rib, house-made Crab Cakes, fresh baked breads, desserts made from scratch and fresh local ingredients make us a popular dining destination. 18 beers on tap, featuring Pennsylvania craft brewed beers.
Reviewed November 19, 2010

I had heard great things about the Jean Bonet Tavern and had passed by it on several occassions. A few friends and I decied to take a day and go to the Jean Bonet Tavern.
We had a wonderful time! The food was great! We visited over the summer so we could sit out on the patio and had a wonderful evening. I was passing through Bedford this past weekend and it brought back foind memories.
So I'd advise all to giev it a try! Good food with some history!

Reviewed November 18, 2010

We recently visited family and friends in Pennsylvania. As part of this trip, we scheduled a time to dine with some friends at the Jean Bonnet Tavern in Bedford, as it was a good centralized meeting point just off the PA Turnpike.

We had a wonderful lunch and the atmosphere was great. We had prompt, friendly service. The soups were delicious and the steak sandwich was excellent. We will look forward to spending more time at the Jean Bonnet when we are back at Christmas time.

Reviewed November 18, 2010

My friends and I took a trip to Bedford to do some shopping and visit relatives. We stopped at the Jean Bonnet for supper before heading back home and were delighted! The history of the establishment was fascinating. We ate on the patio and enjoyed some of the best food - ample portions full of flavor. We had to share desert! The waitstaff were joking and laughing with us throughout the meal, giving us little history lessons about the tavern. I will definitely recommend the Jean Bonnet to friends and family!

Reviewed November 18, 2010

My family and I travel to Bedford often to visit family and we often partake of the hospitality of the Jean Bonnet Tavern and their staff. Over the years we have stayed in their quaint Bed-and-Breakfast rooms, eaten breakfast (only for B&B guests), lunch, dinner and have enjoyed great music and great fun. We have always enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere, food and drink of this establishment. Speaking of drink - the JBT has an always changing line-up of 14 great Penna. and MD micro-brews on tap and many avialable in bottles. As far as food goes - I have not had a meal that I didn't enjoy. The homemade soups are always hearty and the sandwhiches overstuffed. The dinner menu offers a nice selection of steaks, seafood, veal, fish and chicken dishes. While the staff are sometimes overwhelmed with serving the number of guests, they try their best to accommodate your needs with a smile an apology - and for goodness sake if you have a problem, speak with a manager. They will always try to correct the problem.

The Jean Bonnet Tavern is a locally owned and operated establishment in a historic building dating to the mid 1700's. It has serve many travelers over time. The decor and atomophere are relaxed and the staff welcoming. I don't understand some of the other reviewers trying to compare it to an over-priced hotel chain - it's like comparing apples to oranges. If you prefer haute cuisine, formal service, and a generic, re-created hotel decor , perhaps you should stay on-site at the Omni-Bedford Springs Resort and not experience the local Bedford establishment.

1  Thank mandm35
Reviewed November 15, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Omni Bedford Springs resort, and wanted to dine at a restaurant nearby and not at the resort. I chose the Jean Bonnet Tavern, hearing that the food was supposedly good but not exactly fine dining. Well, we were both disappointed. Kind of ruined our Saturday night out. The place, a fairly nice tavern atmosphere, did have an extensive selection of beers, which pleased us. But then, I ordered a nightly special of parmesan-crusted flounder and hubby had the prime rib. Neither had much taste; hardly any seasoning at all. I mean, so BLAND that I left most of my entree and my husband did the same. It was not worth eating. The side dish of creamed corn was good, and I was glad there was not much bad that could be done to the baked potato I also ordered. Even the house specialty salad dressing was way too sweet for both of us. May I say, I am NOT a real picky eater, and will praise a restaurant when they deserve it. But we left without even considering dessert. Had there been an Outback Steakhouse in town, we would have done better there! We wondered how so many people thought the food at Jean Bonnet was good. In our opinion, it defintely was not. Will never return. This meal out was the only real blemish on an otherwise pleasant trip to Bedford.

4  Thank SAVisitor