“Great stop over for great food and atmmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jean Bonnet Tavern

Jean Bonnet Tavern
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: Seafood, American, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Historic landmark located in a 250+ year-old stone building. Slow roasted Prime Rib, house-made Crab Cakes, fresh baked breads, desserts made from scratch and fresh local ingredients make us a popular dining destination. 18 beers on tap, featuring Pennsylvania craft brewed beers.
Moon Township, Pennsylvania
“Great stop over for great food and atmmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stopped here a few years ago and had a great time with friends. The food is excellent and so is the service. We didn't stay over but they say the place is haunted by a man that was hung in the tavern.....pretty cool! Will go back again to enjoy the food and atmosphere. A must go in my book.

• Visited August 2013

Greensburg, Pennsylvania
“Historic Tavern ... Nice Place for a Second-First Date”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

After being apart for 22 years, an old boyfriend and I reconnected and had our second-first date at the Jean Bonnet Tavern in Bedford. What a nice time and a great meal. I wanted to go primarily because of it's ghostly reputation, however we didn't see anything other-worldly, instead, we had a really great dinner outside on the patio. He had a steak and I had something that was on special with pork and a really nice rice side dish. We topped it off with a piece of the carrot cake that was phenomenal. That patio was spacious, so the other patrons weren't right on top of you like they are in some other outdoor seating arrangements. The wait staff were very attentive and fun... we told them our story and they were great about keeping our drinks filled and just giving us time to catch up.

I want to go back and dine inside to see if we can attract any shadowy figures to our table. I would recommend this, particularly if you're travelling through the Bedford area and looking for a nice place for dinner. The building is very old and has a lot of history. The menu is interesting with some more sophisticated dishes you wouldn't expect to find out in the country but also some excellent more common offerings like steaks and seafood. All of the produce was really fresh and tasty.

• Visited August 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Nice little Tavern”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

We stopped her while vacationing in the area and enjoyed lunch here. The service was a little slow, the food was good and they had a decent beer selection. If in area again we would stop in for a meal again.

• Visited June 2014
Wexford PA
“Travelers respite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

I passed by this place so many times and decided to try a meal there, after 10 years of driving country , mountain PA roads. The first time I went to th downstairs pub. I ordered a sandwich which was very nice, I believe it was French dip. I could tell peopl come here from the area and travelers too. It was busy.The beer I ordered was an Erie brew called Railsplitter.it was very satisfying and refreshing. They have about 12 different drafts.
The way back I stopped back in and had a dark beer which was nice. You beer lovers would be happy there. Upstairs a bartender named Chris let me sample a couple of beer drafts. That was nice. I ordered th zucchini stix because I wasn't too hungry, just needed to stop and rest. It is located right between Hwys 31 and 30 PA turnpike is easy to find from there. Just get on or off at th Bedford exit.they have some rooms to rent too, sort of like a BnB but more like a tavern. It might b a littl noisy to overnight there. I liked the location, the casual atmosphere. They have specials each night. Cute.friendly.

• Visited June 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Stop for the history at the very least”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

I'm into history so eating at a place that's been around since pre-revolutionary days is pretty cool. We ate in the dining room downstairs and one could just imagine the history that has gone on in there. As a bonus, the food and service was very good too. I had a bison burger with bacon and cheese along with a baked potato and it was great- not dried out like some bison I've had before. We checked out the bar upstairs and it too looked like a great place to hang out. That's what I'll be doing on my next visit.

• Visited July 2014