“A gem for sure”
Review of Jean Bonnet Tavern

Jean Bonnet Tavern
Ranked #2 of 49 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Historic landmark located in a 250+ year-old stone building. Slow roasted Prime Rib, house-made Crab Cakes, fresh baked breads, desserts made from scratch and fresh local ingredients make us a popular dining destination. 18 beers on tap, featuring Pennsylvania craft brewed beers.
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I was researching to "meet in the middle" for a first date. I've never been to Bedford or the surrounding area, so I took a chance and went with this place because of the reviews. I was not disappointed. We ate downstairs next to the fireplace. the atmosphere was perfect even with every table being occupied, it was still a quaint and relaxed environment.. My date had the crab topped salmon and I had the prime rib. Both of us felt the meals were exceptional for the price. I would definitely revisit if I'm ever in the area again.

There are newer reviews for Jean Bonnet Tavern

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I am new to TripAdvisor but have traveled to Jean Bonnet several times, and never been disappointed. This last time, to my delight, my favorite menu item, the chambord duck was returned to the menu as a winter special. My husband always orders the aged sirloin and won't vary his order because he loves it. Some great seasonal drink specials, tasty appetizers, fresh salads and rich soups. The history, the ambiance, the pewter dishware...such charm in the basement dining area. In the summer, though, you have to try the outdoor dining or some PA craft brews from the upstairs tavern. Even better if you can stroll upstairs and spend the night at the B&B! All topped off by a super friendly staff and manager!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I struggled between a 3 and 4 rating of this restaurant. However, the onion soup is the best I've had anywhere - (and I'm a big fan of French onion soup) so I went with the 4-star. Eat downstairs for atmosphere. Very nice! The carrot cake is delicious. The bison burgers were also very good. However, the burger buns are sometimes very pale and nearly not done - needs a few minutes more baking - don't know if they bake them in-house or not. We always opt for soup and sandwiches because the steaks are a little pricey.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

This place was great - the dining room is located in the basement and it has everything you want from a colonial era tavern: stone walls, massive fireplace, amazing food. I'll definitely be back.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

If it's your first time dining here, I highly recommend that you dine in the dining room downstairs. It's a wonderful atmosphere, especially if the fireplace is burning. A wonderful selection of craft beers. The surf and turf burger is excellent. I've dined here many times, and my meals and service have always been top notch. If you're planning on stopping for dinner on the weekend, I would make a reservation.

1  Thank Tom K

Been to Jean Bonnet Tavern? Share your experiences!