“Great Choice in Bedford Area”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jean Bonnet Tavern

Jean Bonnet Tavern
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: Seafood, American, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Historic landmark located in a 250+ year-old stone building. Slow roasted Prime Rib, house-made Crab Cakes, fresh baked breads, desserts made from scratch and fresh local ingredients make us a popular dining destination. 18 beers on tap, featuring Pennsylvania craft brewed beers.
Pittsburgh
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,315 helpful votes
“Great Choice in Bedford Area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Our family initially ate here for lunch when we were staying at the Bedford Springs Resort in late August. We enjoyed it so much we returned for dinner the next day. My wife and I also ate there in October when were driving through the area.

They have a varied menu and the quality of the food was very high. They also have a pretty good variety of beers. The service was very good and we loved the atmosphere of the dining room.

Albany NY
“Wonderful place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

We had been here once before, but this time went with a group of 18 people on a busy Friday night, but it didn't stop the staff from giving a wonderful experience with incredibly efficient and friendly service. They even provided separate checks! The atmosphere, a combination of historic inn and rustic tavern is perfect and comfortable. And the food is amazing. I had an end cut of prime rib (and I'm something of a connaisseur of end cuts!) and this was one of the best I can remember....ever. All the food was fresh, tasty, and beautifully served. My partner was in the restaurant business, and marvelled at how gracefully and perfectly the servers handled this large group. This is a place to make a special effort to visit if you're in the Bedford County area.

Woodbridge, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“wonderful food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

We came to this on a recommendation from the Bedford tourist office. When I enquired about the beer features, the (owner?) came over with two glasses for me to sample so I could make a choice. Food was very good, and prices reasonable.

• Visited September 2013
Bedford, Pennsylvania
“Great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Ate at the JB last night with my family and the food, service and atmosphere were great. Candice was an attentive and cheery server and the food was good too. I had the candied apple chicken. Well done

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Friday Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

After a day of touring, we stopped here for dinner. We had made reservations and were promptly seated. My wife had the butternut squash soup and a crabcake sandwich, and I had the bratwurst. Both sandwiches were very good, but the soup was truly excellent. The tap beer selection was nice, and sevcice was great. The owner ( I assume he was) stopped to talk with us for a while. Really a great dining experience at a reasonable price. PS Ask to see the book of ghost pictures.

• Visited October 2013

Been to Jean Bonnet Tavern? Share your experiences!