“Terrific food in an historic setting.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jean Bonnet Tavern

Jean Bonnet Tavern
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: Seafood, American, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Historic landmark located in a 250+ year-old stone building. Slow roasted Prime Rib, house-made Crab Cakes, fresh baked breads, desserts made from scratch and fresh local ingredients make us a popular dining destination. 18 beers on tap, featuring Pennsylvania craft brewed beers.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Terrific food in an historic setting.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Our very favorite place for special occasions..and sometimes just because! Soups and salads are wonderful, as are the crab cakes and seafood offerings. We LOVE the ahi tuna appetizer and hubby is hooked on the French dip sandwich. Would have gone this weekend for our anniversary, but avoided the holiday crowds. Expect to be back later this week, even with the 50 minute drive!

“Tavern with colonial charm and foods that fit today' s tastes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

This historic tavern and Inn was built with stone and still stands at the intersection of Rt 30 and Riute 31 outside of the Borough of Bedford, PA. Today it still commands attention. On the inside it is all colonial decor, local hospitality and good food, if you are lucky to be there when Colonial Peanut Soup is available, do try it as it is full of flavor and deserves to be on the menu every day. Good crab cakes, oatmeal pie and downstairs in the dining room candlelight and fireplace cozy charm. The tavern has a large selection of draft beers and other drinks.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Excellent experience and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

The atmosphere on the bottom level is extraordinary. Even though we had a reservation we had to wait for 5 minutes but once we sat down in the VERY busy dining room, it was great. It's the most authentic place I've ever eaten in and I was expecting to see a Revolutionary War soldier walk in at any moment. The place is hundreds of years old and it looks every bit of those years, and I mean that in a good way.

The food itself was also excellent. They give you rolls with amazing cinnamon butter and they ever kept bringing more when my wife and I couldn't stop eating them. The appetizer was a special of fried shrimp with apricot dipping sauce. Then came excellent salads. For an entree I had filet mignon (with au jus and horseradish on the side) with onion rings, and my wife had scallops with some kind of pesto sauce, and we loved both. For dessert, they brought out a tray of cake that you can choose from and I think there were about six options. I had the oatmeal pie (well done but not my thing) and my wife had peanut butter mousse that was superb.

We ate at the 1789 restaurant at the Bedford Springs Resort the night before and it cost my wife and I $123. Here, even though we had two more courses, and the food was much better, we paid only $84. Enough said. The place is a gem.

• Visited May 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good and Fun Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

Food and service was great. Noisy on deck but beautiful view

Visited May 2012
Upper Marlboro, MD
“Charming”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

Rustic restaurant, fair service, something on the menu for everyone.

Visited May 2012

Been to Jean Bonnet Tavern? Share your experiences!