“You will love it here!”
Review of Jean Bonnet Tavern

Jean Bonnet Tavern
Ranked #2 of 49 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Historic landmark located in a 250+ year-old stone building. Slow roasted Prime Rib, house-made Crab Cakes, fresh baked breads, desserts made from scratch and fresh local ingredients make us a popular dining destination. 18 beers on tap, featuring Pennsylvania craft brewed beers.
Reviewed October 1, 2011

This is a very nice old place to eat. The crab & corn chowder is so good! I really like the oatmeal pie too! Everyone I know that has been here always has had good things to say about there visit. I live close and love to go here whenever we can.

Reviewed September 18, 2011

My wife plans our frequent sojourns and she had read the reviews of the Jean Bonnet and decided we should have dinner there on the second night of our two-week tour of Pennsylvania. We have visited Bedford before but wanted to see some of the county's many covered bridges, as well as visit the Flight 93 Memorial.

Jean Bonnet did not disappoint. We both had a delicious prime rib dinner and the surroundings of the old tavern made our visit all the more enjoyable. Our server was a little on the bland side but all in all we would highly recommend Jean Bonnet if your travels take you near Bedford.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

As my husband and I had spent the day at the flight 93 memorial and we tired and hungry and we were looking for something were we didn't have to wait to be seated, the service was speedy and the restuarant relaxing without having to go to our hotel room shower and change first. We got this and more at Jean Bonnet's.

We had looked at the reviews on Trip Advisor when we picked this place and on recent review had said the food was average but overpriced and almost didn't go but all the other reviews had been positive so we went for it. So glad we did.

We found the tavern to be unique and charming. The service was speedy and efficient. We sat upstairs in their bar area. There was a bar on one walll and tables and booths in the rest of the room. There was also a dining room downstairs and seating outside. I had the crab cakes and my husband had the roast pork. We both thought each of dinners were very tasty and there was plenty of food.

The restuarant is in an old restored tavern but is different in a good way. We felt the price was about average for the meal we received. I really can't say anything bad about our experience. The restaurant is a little tricky to find without a GPS especially after dark but don't give up on going because of that, you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank crcope1
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I visited here for dinner with my parents on 9/8/11. We were in the area staying in a hotel for the night before visiting the Flight 93 Memorial in the morning.
Based on TripAdvisor reviews, we checked out this B&B / Tavern, and I'm glad we did. We all enjoyed the service and the food. Dad had the fried oysters as an app and the Scallops as his entree and was pleased. Mom had the Broiled Grouper and loved it. I was in the mood for chicken, and ordered the Chicken Parm for some reason. The chicken itself was good with the hand breading, but the marinara sauce was fairly plain. I really wished I had ordered the Apricot Chicken, as that is what I wanted when I read the menu online, but changed my mind at the last minute...
There was a table of 8 near us that were obviously here after work, and I heard one person remark that it was her first time "this week" coming to the tavern. When a local returns over and over, that is a very good sign!

Reviewed September 13, 2011

Can be seen from the Pennsylvania Turnpike, but a little difficult to find after exiting at Bedford without GPS or asking for directions locally. Definitely worth the effort. Very historical building that has been splendidly restored. Had a wonderful dinner highlighted by a most pleasant conversation with the owner, who was very visible in the dining room. Nice to see a young couple take some risks and turn dreams into reality. A very nice gift shop has been recently added with quality products from local artists.