“They fit us in!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Bedford
Brooklyn, NY
“They fit us in!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2010

This hotel isn't gorgeous or anything, but the staff is super kind and sweet, and we were grateful they had one more room for us on a crowded Memorial Day weekend. I thought the $90-ish rate was more than reasonable for two beds and a full buffet breakfast for me and my kids. There's an outdoor pool as well, and clearly a lot of "regulars" in the breakfast area making chitchat with the waitresses. All in all, a perfect pitstop on our travels between New York City and Pittsburgh.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
williamRM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2009

I had read the reviews prior to going, and though most were decent, I was a bit worried about the one speaking poorly of the manager and staff particularly.

I'm not sure under what circumstances the poor reviews were given, but my experience was a very pleasurable. It's true that the hotel is old, but I think the aged style gives it a unique charm. Despite the less-than-modern look, the rooms, and grounds for that matter, were well managed and very clean.

The front desk attendant was very helpful in providing directions to where I needed to go and was cheerfully willing to go above and beyond to meet my expectations.
I had an issue with my refrigerator, and didn't think it was a terribly bad problem, yet this young girl eagerly carried a new one to my room and switched it out promptly. THAT is great service.

The best part by far was the breakfast. If nothing else, I would stay again, just for this meal. When you stay, they give you a coupon for the breakfast, entitling you to an all you can eat breakfast buffet prepared freshly every morning in their restaurant. I'm a man who loves to eat, and this was definitely the most elaborate breakfast I've been given practically free. Considering the low price for the room, when you realize just what all has been included in that rate, there isn't anywhere else you could possibly want to stay in Bedford. I'm talking bacon, eggs, ham, fruit, yogurt, toast, muffins, pancakes, etc. You name it, and I'd place a bet that they've got it. It's not one of those deals where you go into this small room with tons of people and wait in line to make your own waffle, or fight to grab the last pastry. You're sitting in a restaurant with servers bringing you coffee and helping yourself the endless stream of whatever breakfast you have a hankering for.

You want a good deal with good service and a great environment - stay at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank williamRM
wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2009

Nice place to stay, very helpful staff but the location needed more parking spaces. Kind of pricey for what you got.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Hanover PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2009

This motels first name says it all.I have stayed there many of times and plan to go back over and over.I go out to Bedford just to stay at this motel.A very nice get awayThanks to all the staff.

Edward Markle-Hanover,PA

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2009

Family traveled to Bedford, Pa to take in the many sights and sounds of the surrounding area during the weekend of August 15, 2009. Did not know what to expect for the $75.00 daily rate. Especially for a king, w/free wireless and the room included breakfast. We believe we must give this an "exceeded expectations" and actually a pretty good deal. The rooms were large,very clean and quiet. The King bed was almost perfect, if you can believe that. Sure the hotel looked a bit ragged around the edges and dated, but we figured if they poured buckets of money into this place, the rates would no longer be double digits. This BW includes an unusual feature in that they served a full comp breakfast buffet with a wait staff pouring unlimited coffee. This wasn't a continental breakfast but a full selection. You never know what you are going to get, especially at this price point, but we must give them credit for offering a decent hotel room at a more than fair price. We would go back.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2009

We just needed one night while traveling from NJ to Indiana with a couple stops in PA. to
shop for our home based business. Our business is barely making it so I picked a lower price at this motel to save some bucks and brought along my disinfectant. They
also advertise a fabulous breakfast, so I thought it would be okay for the money spent.
Well the room was that of a 4star and very quiet. We were very disappointed when we
found out the breakfast didn't start until 7AM as that was just too late for us to get on the
road, so we missed out on the breakfast. The check in clerk could've also been just a
little more pleasant. It was obvious she didn't want to be there. It also had 2 sinks, one in with the tub & toilet and one in the room. It was a plus.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2009

We stayed here because they allow pets and it was cheap. It also made us decide to stay away from cheap. Although there was nothing horrible about it, it just had that old hotel funk to it. I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Quality Inn Bedford
#8 of 10 in Bedford
Quality Inn Breeze Manor
Quality Inn Breeze Manor
#2 of 8 in Breezewood

Been to Travelodge Bedford? Share your experiences!